“Poor customer service”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I cannot review their trips but had a poor experience of customer service with this operator.
I was trying to juggle tours and dates and around 1pm before the day my tour was booked I asked to move it out by a day. They said no explaining they had already incurred all the costs of my trip. I had no issue at all with this and so did not proceed to book the diving I had hoped to do.
I then received a message from my hotel reception at 10pm to say my tour for the next day was cancelled!
Apparently another guest had cancelled due to illness so they were no longer able to run the trip due to insufficient numbers. Suddenly all the already committed costs I had been told about 9 hours previously were miraculously not relevant.
They were also unable to offer me any alternative the opt ok a for that day.
I am not in the habit of posting negative reviews but I received such incredible service generally in Costa Rica I feel there are other companies more deserving of business. I would strongly recommend Bahia Adventures as an alternative and have also posted a review on my experience with them.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Jen W

Atenas, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Humpback Whale Watching”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked with Dolphin Tours to see the whales with friends. We had a wonderful 1/2 day tour with Dolphin Tours in Bahia Ballena de Osa,Puntarenas,Costa Rica. We arrived from Golfito about 30 minutes early and they were able to recommend a local soda for an excellent breakfast. Since we had been shopping the day before in the duty free port, they offered to let us park our vehicles in their enclosed yard where they normally store their boats. We had a total of 8 passengers with 2 tour guides. They provide life jackets and snorkeling equipment for anyone interested in snorkeling. None of us went snorkeling because the water was a little cloudy with the recent rains. The tour lasted almost 4 hours and we were able to see many of the whales that had migrated to the area with their babies. The guides are very knowledgeable and work with other boats to locate the whales. We saw some beautiful caves and beaches, but no dolphins this trip. We were offered cold, sweet pineapple and watermelon for snacks, along with bottled water. Excellent tour! Don't miss this if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pat W
Munich
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Whale watching”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Booked the 3 hour whale and dolphin trip. Pick up from the hotel worked perfectly. Boat was new and felt extremely safe. First they showed us some great beaches, caves, island, birds. Then they got the call that whales had been spotted. 5 or 6 boats work together to improve the chance of finding something. We then sped across the waves to watch a humpback with calf. They were clearly not stressed by the boats and we spent almost an hour observing. We were impressed by the fact that our guides were not in a hurry to get us back and we were the last boat to leave. They also made a detour so that we could try snorkelling, even though the conditions were not good. Add to that the rounds of fresh fruit and water and we had a great morning. No dolphins though ...

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mike M
Iowa
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Very nice operation”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We did the half day dolphin/whale tour. They were very professional. Nice operation. The only problem I ran into is that I don't speak Spanish & they speak very little English. It would not have been an issue if I had known how to find them. Here is a tip- take 34 just past the 2nd BM in Uvita, turn right onto the paved road right before Cabana Gato, follow that road until it ends at Dolphin tours. We had to stop 2x for directions- once again my Spanish is horrible.
We did not see a whale, but it's late in season. We literally saw hundreds of dolphins. They offered us lovely watermelon & pineapple all morning along with ice cold water. The snorkeling was not good (poor visibility) but we didn't come to Costa Rica for that anyway. The snorkeling spot they pick is not good for small children unless they are good swimmers & experienced at snorkeling. It was a beautiful ride & very relaxing. Monica the guide & the captain were very nice. We managed to communicate fine with our broken English/ Spanish combo.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Growing2BoysInCinci
Little Rock, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service, Value, Attention to Detail”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a perfect day with Dolphin Tours. there were 4 of us, joined by another couple for a total of 6. Our two guides were young, energetic, helpful, and truly enthusiastic about showing us things we never otherwise would have seen. You wouldn't know they do this every day. We paid for the trip to snorkel Cano Island and have a picnic somewhere on the Osa side. We got so much more because they WANTED to show us the Booby floating on a log, the Olive Ridley turtle only they could see at first. Our lunch was set up on a table under shade on a very quiet and lovely beach. it was wonderful food with lots of choices for all tastes. They then heard from a friend that a humpback whale was in the vicinity so we were off and running! And we were lucky - this doesn't always happen. This group is the best

Visited February 2013