“After going for groceries”

Marino Ballena Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Uvita
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The best ambience in Uvita, in the Southern Pacific Costa Rica. It's a ranch style restaurant, no doors, spacious, ideal for groups, families and tourist alike. International couisine and typical Costa Rica food.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wonderful place to relax after getting stocked up at the BM grocery store.
Great ceviche .
Great place to unwind

There are newer reviews for Marino Ballena Restaurant

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The casado I had here was the best I had during my entire two weeks in Costa Rica. It was delicious! My husband and daughter both ordered burgers and fries. I warned them that I had read that burgers aren't great in Costa Rica. My daughter liked her hamburger just fine, but my husband didn't like his at all. He ordered burgers several times throughout our trip across the country, and he said they all tasted the same so the bad burger wasn't the fault of this restaurant. (And why did he keep ordering them??) The service here was quick, if not the friendliest. Prices were a little high, but it was a very clean, nice place.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

After traveling all day to get to CR from Chicago, we had 9 hungry people. We headed down the hill from our villa and came upon Restaurante Marino Ballena with plans to just fill our bellies.

Turns out, everyone enjoyed their drinks, appetizers (great cerviche) and meals. When were undecisive another night, headed back to this place for another great meal.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Watched the Costa Rica vs Italy game there and had the time of our life. Simple food with great people.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've eaten at Restaurante Marino Ballena almost 100 times. All of the food is good, nothing is extraordinary. My favorites are the ceviche, the nachos and the

I gave it a rating of four (and not a 5) is that I save 5's for specialty restaurants with a focused menu and off of the highway as it can be loud with the speeding traffic nearby. However, I really enjoy it because of the good food, the free wifi, great bartenders and waiters. It is very easy to find as it is located right on the Costanera Highway (Hwy 34) and located next to the BM Supermercado.

The menu is robust offering options for people of all ages and tastes (they have chicken fingers for kids).

If you want a 'culinary safe' restaurant where everyone in a group will enjoy something, is easy to find, and has plenty of seating, this is your best option from Dominical to San Buenaventura.

I find the prices a bit on the high side but that is due, I believe, to the increasing number of tourists.