“Very yummy food”

Marino Ballena Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Uvita
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The best ambience in Uvita, in the Southern Pacific Costa Rica. It's a ranch style restaurant, no doors, spacious, ideal for groups, families and tourist alike. International couisine and typical Costa Rica food.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A nice open air restaurant with decent service and a very tasty menu. The ceviche was excellent (my barometer of coastal Costa Rican restaurants), it was very fresh and a good appetiser portion, however maybe a bit to much coriander to be perfect. Make sure you try the steak with the diablo sauce, no where near as spicy as it sounded and absolutely delicious. Good prices and great portions.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great place. Open air setting. Fabulous fresh food made to order. Nothing pre-made here. Costa Rican flair to menu. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nothing too special to comment on but good food and a good price with an open clean atmosphere and a large selection on the menu

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I picked this place to have my birthday dinner and I'm so glad I did! The food was great, the staff was friendly, my husband and I had a great time, the place was clean, that's all I ask! It was wonderful! I loved it, and I'd go back! Thank you for a great time on my birthday!

1  Thank fbxgrl
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We ate at Marino Ballena on two occasions and both dinners were quite good. I want to know how they make their grilled chicken and grilled fish so darn good; mine never tastes anything like theirs. The prices were great values, the Naturales en Agua were awesome - especially the Watermelon, I had two! The wait staff were delightful, the parking and location both quite easy.

Our friends were absolutely correct in recommending we have dinner here.