“SUP in the Mangrove Forest”
Review of Uvita 360

Uvita 360
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Uvita 360 provides different tours like Kayaking, Stand up paddling, Surf lessons & Snorkeling. Uvita 360 unlike any others. For the best ocean adventures visit Uvita 360 and learn THE REAL COSTA RICAN EXPERIENCE with the pioner ocean adventures since 2004. PURA VIDA!
Frederick, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUP in the Mangrove Forest”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was a very fun excursion. The guides, in particular Diego, we're very helpful and informative. The mangrove forest was very large and there definitely was a lot of paddling to do. But the river, forest and mountains were pristine and beautiful. The only worry was getting back before night fell. But we arrived just in time without need of flashlights or rescue bonfires (which would have been challenging in a mangrove forest anyway.). Highly recommended and good exercise too..... even for those of us who have never participated in SUP.

Visited January 2014

Boulder, Colorado
“SUP Ocean Tour”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I did the Whale's Tale SUP tour with Uvita 360. We had a great time paddling in the ocean and snorkeling the Whale's Tale. We had two guides for just the two of us, which was awesome! We SUP at home in Colorado and our guides adjusted the tour for our level of experience and even spent some time teaching us some more advanced moves. Both the owner and the guides were really fun and great to work with!

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUP Mangrove Tour”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I took a stand up paddle board tour with Uvita 360 through 5 miles of wandering Mangroves and open river. The tour itself was unbelievable, being surrounded by miles of untouched natural beauty. The guides were also fantastic- very experienced and a lot of fun! It was definitely one of the highlights of our honeymoon. Highly recommend Uvita 360 to anyone vacationing in Uvita or the surrounding areas.

1 Thank c j
ny, ny
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lovely guides!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Our family of five took a half day kayak tour through the mangroves. The guides were patient and kind. The views were spectacular cv we all enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended.

NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best surfing experience in Costa Rica - all ages & all stages”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Whether you are traveling solo or in a group, beginner or expert surfer, you will enjoy Uvita 360 Surf School. It offers true & authentic surfer expertise and vibe and an introduction to the Costa Rican culture at its best. Owned and operated by two surfer friends, who grew up and built their surfing expertise surfing and competing at the local beaches, Uvita 360 is the one stop shop where every beginner is promised to stand up on the first day of surfing - otherwise they would get their money back. As I personally saw and experienced - everyone does get up on the first day of surfing. I took one lesson with Diego and rented a board and surfed for 10 days with the guys at the school, observing day after day the smiling and happy faces of people from all walks of life and all cultural backgrounds, hooked for life to be surfing. Most of the surf instructors are active competing surfers and Tito, the owner of the shop, is also a surfboard shaper. My personal preference were the boards that he shaped, or as I called them - Tito's magic boards. All staff members are fluent in English and Spanish and grew up and surfed the beaches where they take their students. A surf lesson with Diego, Carlos or Tito is a whole experience of the area, the ocean, the beach life and local traditions. Next to the school is a restaurant where Tito's mom cooks the best dishes I found in the area. A ticket to the national park, included in the surf lesson price gives you a day of beach exploration of the national park with 5 different beaches to hang out at. The mangrove stand-up paddleboard tour I took with the school was a hit of unique mystical experience in a setting I have only seen in movies. The prices for lessons are perhaps the cheapest in the area when you take into consideration that they include admission to the park ticket value of $6 dollars when I was there in January, that the lessons are of around 3 hours and the guys provide you with all the little things you need, but never thought of bringing or doing - from the roofstraps for your car and rented board - to calling your only Spanish speaking taxi driver to pick you up. True surfing experience in a friends & family setting. I loved every minute of it and would recommend the school to anyone looking for authentic easygoing and fun surfing experience. Also guys, as I promised, I will be back soon. Thank you for the most enjoyable surfing experience I have had in Costa Rica in the last four years, both in Dominical and in Uvita. You are the best!

Visited January 2014