“Great small surfshop”
Review of Uvita 360

Uvita 360
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Uvita 360 provides different tours like Kayaking, Stand up paddling, Surf lessons & Snorkeling. Uvita 360 unlike any others. For the best ocean adventures visit Uvita 360 and learn THE REAL COSTA RICAN EXPERIENCE with the pioner ocean adventures since 2004. PURA VIDA!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great small surfshop”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I liked using this small surfshop. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a reasonable selection of surfboards and boogieboards to choose from and they set me off with roofstraps as well. I found their prices to be fair and will be using them next time I and back in the area.

1 Thank Sean K

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Conquered SUP and surfing!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I dropped in to Uvita 360 on the off chance one afternoon at a loose end and decided on a whim to go paddle boarding. Tito was a superb teacher and takes the time to talk you through the basics on dry land before taking you out to practise in the still waters of the mangroves. You then graduate to the ocean and paddle out to the whale's tail. I was on a late afternoon trip which meant our arrival was timed to see the stunning sunset. Tito is also great company and passionate about ensuring all his customers have a safe and enjoyable time and get a good impression of the activities he offers - he is aiming to get everyone hooked enough to want to continue when they return home and to remember Uvita and Costa Rica as the place they discovered their new passion.
I had such a good time I returned 2 days later for a surf lesson. The teacher this time was Carlos who again is a fantastic teacher as well as being hilariously funny. The techniques they teach you (again on dry land) are straightforward and although I struggled to begin with Carlos quickly spotted where I was going wrong and had me catching my own waves and standing up all the way in by the end of the lesson.
Final thanks to Diego who I wasn't taught by but who offered an extremely courteous and friendly transport service to my hotel.
These 3 guys are really fantastic and I can't recommend them highly enough.

1 Thank Jen W
Waterloo
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing & Kayaking”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We spent the morning with Tito and Diego learning to surf. As a family of 7 with ages ranging from 14 to 67 there were definitely some concerns among us ranging from safety to ability etc. The guys did a great job in the brief in shore training session and all fears were gone.

Within minutes everyone was standing up and surfing. What a great day and what a great group of guys.

I would highly recommend them if you're in the area.

In fact we were so impressed we booked another trip with them a couple days later and went kayaking with Diego and Brian. Again, another highly recommended outing.

Great work guys!

1 Thank JDLeiskau
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Superb surfing and water sports in Marina Ballena park”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We used Uvita 360 several times on our recent trip to the Uvita area in Costa Rica. Our teens enjoyed two surfing lessons with Tito at the southern end of the Playa Ballena. Although these were advertised as two hours long, the experience was definitely more like 3 1/2 hours - that is, two full hours riding the waves plus a land orientation and a break with refreshments in between. The company guarantees that you will stand up on the surf board, or you get the lesson for free. The waves are reasonable but not too challenging for beginners.
We also took advantage of the sea kayaking and stand-up paddle board tours, which included snorkelling. We did not go to the mangroves, but paddled near the whales tail part of the beach with Carlos as our guide. We learned that Uvita 360 is staffed by the Costa Rican national paddle board team. Our guides were patient and encouraging with our attempts to stand up on the boards, and we all had a great experience. Highly recommended for families with teens.

“Amazing experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

For all interested in paddleboarding!!! Look no further, this is THE experience that was both educational and fun. The guides were extremely nice and helped my fiancee and I through the lessons and within 10 minutes, we were on our feet and paddling away.

All in all, I think this activity is a have-to if you get the chance!

Thank you Uvita 360!