“Amazing Trip Thanks to Uvita Surf Camp!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uvita 360

Uvita 360
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Uvita 360 provides different tours like Kayaking, Stand up paddling, Surf lessons & Snorkeling. Uvita 360 unlike any others. For the best ocean adventures visit Uvita 360 and learn THE REAL COSTA RICAN EXPERIENCE with the pioner ocean adventures since 2004. PURA VIDA!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Trip Thanks to Uvita Surf Camp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tito and his team went above and beyond to ensure our trip to Costa Rica was memorable. He is a fantastic surf instructor and guide. Me and 7 friends were all first time surfers and all were riding big waves within hours. Tito also setup a fishing trip for us with a great guide and took us around Uvita and Dominical to see amazing lookouts and waterfalls that aren't in the guide books. He made us feel like we were visiting a long time friend. I highly recommend his services and can't wait to return!

“What a great day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Tito and the other guys were great! They gave good instructions at the beginning, and helped tweak my form while in the ocean. All the guys were personable and patient and allowed our group to have a wonderful experience! I had a great surfing experience and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a trip to Uvita.

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Learn how to surf in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I took surfing lessons with Tito during our stay in Uvita and had so much fun. I've taken surfing lessons once in Hawaii years ago, and my husband hasn't ever, but within minutes of getting in the water, we were both up on our boards. Tito does a great job of covering the basics and making it really fun and easy to learn. I needed a bit more instruction once in the water and he helped steady my board, gave suggestions on my form, and got me onto the right waves. He is a really great guy and doing a lot for the community as well. I highly recommend this! We had a lot of fun and were out in the water for 2+ hours.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Surfing Lesson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I have both surfed once before. Our lesson was set up by our hotel, and we met Tito at Uvita Surf Camp, in Uvita. There, we signed waivers, and he chose surfboards for us based on our size/weight and experience.

Tito brought us to a nearby beach that he had chosen because the surf would be appropriate for beginners. He spent the first part of the lesson on the beach, showing us how to paddle and to get up on the boards. He also emphasized safety, and gave us an idea of which waves would be suitable for us, and which would be too much.

In the water, we were happy to find a sandy bottom, which was easy to walk on (I understand some surfing areas have coral underfoot - more difficult to walk, and painful if you fall on it). Tito helped both of us by holding the board steady and calling out instructions as we rode the wave. We were both able to get up on the boards, and surf several waves. We spent ~2 hours and were both very happy with the experience! See the attached video

Tito was great, friendly, and helpful. It was interesting speaking with him about his efforts to improve the local economy with his surf school. Great guy, great experience, and highly recommended :)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Basic Surfing Lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I had basic surfing lessons from Tito this past January. Uvita was a great, uncrowded beach to start on. Tito gave us great instruction and we were both able to get up on the board by our second tries. It was definitely a fun workout and I left eager to go out again.

Visited January 2013