“Truly an adventure!”

Jungle ATV Quad Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Uvita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Adventure Motorsports, ATV’ing is not just about the ride, it’s about all the things you get to see and experience that even many locals have not. With your own 4x4 quad and a knowledgeable bilingual guide, you’ll explore the mountains and valleys of the jungle finding little villages, working coffee plantations, secrete waterfalls, amazing views, wildlife… the list goes on. And if you don’t care about scenery and culture and just want to get your throttle on, let us know, ‘cause we can do that too!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What an exhilarating way to spend a beautiful morning! We chose to drive from Parrita to Uvita fo an atv ride with Adventure Motorsports due to the great reviews online, and we weren't disappointed. After some simple instructions and safety tips, we strapped on the helmets and away we went. Diego was our guide and he understood that he was taking our group of four who had little to no riding experience except for our daughter who just finished riding a motorcycle from Canada to Nicaraugua. He kept it exciting for her and showed a lot of patience with the inexperienced; even riding my sisters atv down an especially challenging steep grade; then climbing back up to retrieve me and mine. The views were spectacular, stopping at a little store for snacks, waving to all the friendly locals, and touching a cloud made for a great ride. At the waterfalls we stopped for a quick dip to cool off and Diego further impressed us with his skill with a knife... the fruit was beautifully sliced, refreshing and delicious.
Thank you Adventure Motorsports for an experience we won't soon forget!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We loved this atv tour. It is for an intermediate/advanced rider as you are climbing up and down rocky terrain with , at times, only a strand of barb wire between you and the side of the mountain. We enjoyed our trek up the mountain with our guide,Diego, who stopped to let us take pictures of the Pacific Ocean, coffee plantations and terraced farmland. On our way back down the mountain, we settled in for a nice picnic lunch by a waterfall followed by a welcoming and cool dip to remove some of the dust from our bodies. We crossed streams and small bridges built of logs. Terrific ride, but it may be a little intimidating for a beginner. This tour lasts approximately 5 hours and if you are female, requires some upper body strength to keep the four wheeler on the proper path. But do not let that deter you. Our group had a first time female rider and she did just fine. However, she was informed by Will of the type of ride it would be and was not surprised by its' advanced nature.

The owner, Will, is so sweet and knowledgable. He is definitely laid back and did not mind that we appeared on his doorstep without reservations.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I had a great day easing through the trails. This was her first time on a four wheeler, both the owner of the company and our guide Diego made sure before we headed out that she was comfortable and understood how to operate the machine.
As the name of the company eludes to it was an adventure. Five hour tour of the back country of Costa Rica. We did go up and down a few steep climbs but at no time did my wife or I feel we were outside of our comfort zone. I would say a lot of that is because of how well maintained the ATV's are. ( No Blister either!!!)
Diego was a great guide and constantly kept checking on us.
I would say that this a must do if you are around the Uvita/ Dominical area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We saw information about the ATV Day Tours and were very excited at the thought of driving through the jungle for a day of sight seeing. I have to agree tht the sights were amazing but I have to question the maintenance on the machines. My sister's ATV kept pulling to the right until she finally lost control and it flipped over. She was lucky as she only ended up with a broken wrist. The rest of the trip for her was spent on the back of Diego's ATV. Diego was awesome. Another person in our party ended up with a bad blister on his thumb from the throttle. Diego bandaged the thumb and then put his own driving gloves so that the thumb would have protection. Then, about halfway through the trip after going down a steep hill, I felt my ATV pulling to the right. I slowed and was able to stop it prior to it falling over. I was able to scramble out of the way and walk away from the ATV. That was when I noticed that one of the rear tires was laying 20 feet from the ATV. Luckily for me, it was on a level, straight part of the trails and I was able to stop it. I don't know if it was lack of maintenance or what...but it sure was scarey. For the rest of the trip, I had to ride double with by husband. When we got back, the American man who I am assuming was the owner, did not believe me when I told him the tire fell off. Diego assured him that it had. He expressed no concern or apology. I had to ask him where we could find a doctor for my sister. This is why I am rating the trip a 1. If there would have been an apology, an expression of assurance that all of the ATVs would be checked out, I would have rated this differently. His nonchalant mamner of dealing with this offended me greatly. LOVED DIEGO as he expressed concern etc and tried to take care of my sister. By the way, it cost my sister $6600 (US DOLLARS not Colones) to have her wrist operated and pinned. If you are going to book this trip, you might want to ask about maintenance etc.....and listen to your instincts if you don't believe the ATV is tracking right.

4  Thank Pam0057
Reviewed January 31, 2013

And the entire trip was fantastic! I am not a planner. It was hard enough for me to coordinate and reserve flights, a hotel, a house rental, and rental car for our group of four...so I did not plan any "excursions" for us....I was planned out! We stayed at a house in Dominical, and there was a brochure for Adventure Motorsports. We did not have access to a phone, so I got on the iPad and emailed Will on Tuesday. He repsonded quickly, saying he had openings Thursday or Friday. We opted for Thursday...our last full day before heading back to San Jose.

It was just our group of four, and they did a little run through for the two of us who had little experience on ATV's. Diego was our guide, and he was awesome! Made it fun, took us through some amazing scenery, and topped it off with fresh cut pinapple, granola bars, and beer we bought at a tiny store in a village. After our "picnic" we jumped into a refreshing and secluded swimming hole (i.e. pool at the base of a cascading waterfall.) Seriously, stuff that you see in movies. Great day to end our time in Costa Rica/Dominical/Uvita!

The equipment is in good shape, and it was a great way to see Costa Rica. I think the cost was quite reasonable....especially given the costs of purchasing and maintaininig the equipment is almost twice as in the US! $95 pp for a lifetime of memories! Thanks Will and Diego!

1  Thank lshs91