“Great Horseback Tours”

Rancho La Merced National Wildlife Refuge
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We continue to return to this lovely Ranch located just of the Costa Nera in the southern zone of the pacific. We have always done the beach rides that take you through some lively areas of the private reserve owned by this family run business. Participants are fitted with a horse based on experience. The guides are very well versed in the local flora and fuana so you will learn lots of info about the area and most guides most speak some English. Once you arrive at the beach, you are free to gallop on a beautiful deserted beach. This is always my kids' favorite part of the ride. When the tour is over and you've returned to the reception, you are welcomed with cool drinks and snacks. As I may have mentioned, we come here every year when we visit Costa Rica, we love it that much.

1  Thank Baffo1

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am a novice rider but the horses were very well trained and made it easy. The horses were well cared for and in great condition, unlike some other horses that I saw in C.R. The guide was extremely good with my 5 year old daughter and she was able to ride a horse by herself. This a "must do" for anyone that is near Uvita and has any interest in horses. They also do guided hikes and bird watching but I did not do either of these tours (however I suspect they are just as fun).

1  Thank gr8fulbeej
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband just came back from this amazing trip, the horses are very well kept and look healthy, the views, the sky the sea and the forest everything was Perfict.. A must do..

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm not a horse back rider, but this was a very cool experience. We "walked" to the beach and then let the horse run a little along the beach. A little scarry for a first timer but exhilirating. Our guide stopped, scaled a coconut tree and brought down a couple coconuts to drink. I'd strongly suggest doing this.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Horses are well cared for.
Guide was great (Evaristo)..and very knowledgeable!
Beach is pristine, and fantastic for riding.
I'll do this again!!