Review Highlights
Can't say enough!

This is not my first review of Mad About Diving but I simply have to write another. My husband have... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2018
BrynneLally
Sherwood, Oregon
1st Open Water Dive

My Dive Master, Pablo, was an underwater Buddha. I couldn't thank him enough or ask for a better... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
paulallenfamily2018
San Antonio, Texas

All reviews dive shop empanadas dive master cano island great dive reef sharks boat ride his team open water padi course costa rica certified diver jesus lizards schools of fish hermit crabs great company pura vida
Reviewed January 26, 2013

They will answer all your questions and are easily reachable. I was there to get some of my certification dives and the instructor, who is also the co-owner, is a very cool guy, not intimidating at all (which sometimes is a feature of scuba instructor), has a flawless English. The building the business is operating from is run down, but don't let that discourage you, it has nothing to do with the diving. They were also very punctual. Laura, the co-owner, also has flawless English and is a very pleasant person to do business with.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was the first official dive since earning our open water diving certification for four of the six members of our group. Pablo was our guide and was wonderful! Our daughter was somewhat reluctant on the first dive and he helped her descend and made all of us comfortable throughout the dive. My mask was leaking (my own equipment) and Pablo offered to trade with me, giving me his own higher quality mask. Pablo and his team prepped all of our equipment before both dives and provided good information about the sea life and the geology of the area. The diving off Cano Island was wonderful and we saw lots of reef sharks, 2 rays, a sea turtle and MANY fish as well as beautiful rock formations. The lunch they provided was delicious with fresh fruit and empanadas. I arranged the trip from home prior to arriving in Costa Rica and Laura was very helpful in answering questions and providing guidance as to expectations. I was also very impressed that they were honest in suggesting that the visibility was poor on a second trip we could have booked, giving us time to do other activities instead. If it were possible, we would rate a six out of five. I would highly recommend Mad About Diving to new and more experienced divers.

3  Thank Carol D
MADAboutDivingCR, General Manager at Mad About Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, it actually made me a little teary. We pour our heart and soul into the dive shop and are appreciate it when others can see it.

Laura

Reviewed January 14, 2013

They helped me find the place when I was lost, wandering around town, recommended a great nearby hostel, and made great suggestions to make my diving experience amazing. I did my classroom and pool training in the States, and did my 4 dives over 2 days to complete my open water certification with Mad About Diving. Instructor was friendly, professional, and incredibly knowledgable about the area and dive sites.

I was also able make my first two dives on a day trip to Cano Island after completing my certification. Again, the dive was great and the entire staff was excellent and I would highly recommend Mad About Diving.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I got PADI certified at Mad About Diving and the experience was excellent. Pablo and Laura were both extremely helpful in every way. I would recommend them to everyone. Informative, enthusiastic and to the point. The certification was fast and didn't consume all of our time in Uvita. All of their helpers were super nice as well.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family of four went snorkeling and diving with Pablo on December 16, 2012. We had a great trip. We saw dolphins on our way out and many sea turtles on the way back. The first snorkeling outing wasn't great because of sea lice and jelly fish, but that is not the fault of Mad About Diving. The second snorkeling outing was much better. Both dives went very well with the highlight being the beautiful reef sharks. The equipment is all in good condition, the crew was professional and friendly and Pablo did a great job leading the dives (he was safe and professional). We checked out a few dive shops in this area and this was the best that we found. (It is very important to do your homework and check out a shop before you dive - they are not all the same!). We would definitely go diving with Pablo again.

Date of experience: December 2012