“Friendly and accommodating staff made for an excellent referral and first dive.”
Review of Mad About Diving

Mad About Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: MAD ABOUT DIVING is the only PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre in Osa Peninsula. PADI is the largest association of recreational divers in the world and we recognize certification cards from all other diving associations.Dive, snorkel or train with us and find out first hand why so many clients make us their number one choice.Explore the best dive sites that Costa Rica has to offer and discover the beauty that Caño Island Biological Reserve, Marino Ballena National Park and Costa Ballena have to offer.MAD, short for MAD ABOUT DIVING, is known for having the highest quality service. We treat clients like guests: you never cart your gear around, change your tanks or rinse equipment; our friendly staff does it for you.As the premier dive facility, we also deliver top notch training. Our team consists of PADI Divemasters and Instructors that have years of professional diving experience in a multitude of marine environments.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

They helped me find the place when I was lost, wandering around town, recommended a great nearby hostel, and made great suggestions to make my diving experience amazing. I did my classroom and pool training in the States, and did my 4 dives over 2 days to complete my open water certification with Mad About Diving. Instructor was friendly, professional, and incredibly knowledgable about the area and dive sites.

I was also able make my first two dives on a day trip to Cano Island after completing my certification. Again, the dive was great and the entire staff was excellent and I would highly recommend Mad About Diving.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I got PADI certified at Mad About Diving and the experience was excellent. Pablo and Laura were both extremely helpful in every way. I would recommend them to everyone. Informative, enthusiastic and to the point. The certification was fast and didn't consume all of our time in Uvita. All of their helpers were super nice as well.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family of four went snorkeling and diving with Pablo on December 16, 2012. We had a great trip. We saw dolphins on our way out and many sea turtles on the way back. The first snorkeling outing wasn't great because of sea lice and jelly fish, but that is not the fault of Mad About Diving. The second snorkeling outing was much better. Both dives went very well with the highlight being the beautiful reef sharks. The equipment is all in good condition, the crew was professional and friendly and Pablo did a great job leading the dives (he was safe and professional). We checked out a few dive shops in this area and this was the best that we found. (It is very important to do your homework and check out a shop before you dive - they are not all the same!). We would definitely go diving with Pablo again.

1  Thank 338Traveller
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had an amazing experience with Mad About Diving. Laura and Pablo were so helpful, attentive, warm and genuine, we felt very well taken care of. Pablo's patience with novice divers was much appreciated and his enthusiasm and knowledge were fantastic!
Cano island is lovrely. We had a couple exhillarating dives and saw all kinds of beautiful creatures, corals and rocks.
Go to Mad About Diving!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Pablo and his crew were extremely professional and took very good care of our family of 9. My son is 11 and although he was certified to dive, he had never been below 15 ft. Our first dive was going to be 40ft and as soon as my son was about 10 ft under the water he got scared and surfaced. Pablo resurfaced and very calmly talked to my son and told him to just look at Pablo's eyes and he would take him down. Very slowly Pablo took my son down. As soon as they were at 40 ft, my son gave a huge smile to Pablo. Pablo showed my family all sorts of marine life which was very enjoyable. The kids got to touch a shark and scratch a turtle's back. Pablo and his crew was very patient with my entire family. He gave my entire family a memory none of us will forget. Well worth the trip!!