Review Highlights
Bodhi - what an amazing experience

Bodhi surf is an amazing, spectacular place to enjoy your vacation. Our one week retreat was a full... read more

Reviewed May 2, 2021
nsiegenthaler
Zurich, Switzerland
Hands down recommend!

It was our first ever set of surf lessons, and we were really happy with everything - the... read more

Reviewed April 8, 2021
katerinam826

All reviews surf lessons costa rica learning how green waves amazing week learn how catch waves pura vida positive energy great teacher amazing team step by step an amazing experience learned how feel comfortable making sure national park
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2020 via mobile

I was lucky enough to experience a Body Surfing lesson with Hannah and Spencer at Bodhi and I thought I knew how to body surf until they showed me the proper technique! It was so AMAZING catching the first wave! I actually screamed because I was PART of the wave! Quite different from anything else I ever experienced! They are incredible teachers!

Date of experience: March 2020
achandrahuff, Owner at Uvita Surf Lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience bodysurfing with us at Uvita Surf Lessons, C4934RAterryw! It is indeed such a unique experience, but we're stoked to hear you enjoyed it and benefitted from it! We can't wait for your next visit :)

Reviewed March 16, 2020 via mobile

Our surf lessons with Spencer was awesome! We all got up on our boards and leaned the important elements of surfing! Thank you to Uvita Surf Lessons.

Date of experience: March 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Uvita Surf Lessons! We very much hope you will come and see us for round two! Pura Vida!

Reviewed March 16, 2020

Travis and his team provide excellent teaching in a safe and fun environment. Their emphasis on educating and empowering their students with wave/ocean knowledge is key, and certainly should be the only approach when teaching someone how to surf - start with teaching them about waves! I was able to up my surf game significantly, and found the team genuine and lovely - as instructors, AND as individuals. Great yoga classes as well, with your practice guided by the wonderful Pilar. These are cool people; don't hesitate, this is the right organization for your surf adventure. Bonus: the "local" beach is beautiful, too!

Date of experience: March 2020

Thank you, MsMars for this lovely review of your experience with us here at Bodhi Surf + Yoga in Bahia Ballena, Costa Rica. We are so excited that you enjoyed the surfing and the yoga components. We hope you will be back for another visit some day! Pura Vida!

Reviewed February 18, 2020

I have played in the ocean for years and learned to surf recently which was a lot of fun. To relax I simple enjoy playing in the waves and tried my best to body surf. I wasn't very successful. During my visits to Bodhi Surf + Yoga this last month I got a chance to attend one of their Body Surfing Workshops. It was amazing to finally learn how to ride waves without any equipment. It's like becoming part of the ocean where you feel the flow of the rushing water around your body along with the sounds of the waves as it pushed you along the surface of the water. Its an incredible experience. Spencer and Hannah ran the workshop and joined us in the waves starting out in the whitewash and advancing us to green waves beyond the break. What a blast. I highly recommend Uvita Surf Lesson with Bodhi Surf + Yogi for anything from body surfing to full on board surfing. The crew is amazing, They are a B Corp and 1% For The Planet Member too so you know they care about more than just the bottom line. Don;t miss it if you want an amazing experience with amazing people.

Date of experience: February 2020
achandrahuff, Owner at Uvita Surf Lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2020

221bernieg... thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience taking the bodysurfing clinic by Hannah and Spencer. We're so stoked on this helping out prospective surfers, current surfers, and ocean lovers alike, and so we appreciate your feedback! That line you wrote about "becoming part of the ocean" really hits the nail over the head. We hope you'll continue bodysurfing... even in the cold water! :)

~Team Bodhi Surf + Yoga

Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

I did this clinic last year and it was pretty awesome! Learning how to surf the waves with your body is something every surfer and ocean lover should do. It not only gives you the skills to get out of the water in case your leash breaks, but more than that.. you experience riding the waves in the most purest way possible, with no board, just your body..like a dolphin!
Hannah and Spencer, the head coaches of this clinic, are very experienced bodysurfers and they are awesome people too! Really recommend this too all ocean lovers out there!

Date of experience: August 2019

Q9574MVadrianaa. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with the newest Bodhi Surf
+ Yoga offering — the bodysurf clinic! We're stoked to hear that you felt that you benefitted from it, and that you recommend it to other prospective surfers and ocean lovers! We hope to see you out there bodysurfing soon! :)

~Team Bodhi Surf + Yoga