Review Highlights
Bodhi - what an amazing experience

Bodhi surf is an amazing, spectacular place to enjoy your vacation. Our one week retreat was a full... read more

Reviewed May 2, 2021
nsiegenthaler
Zurich, Switzerland
Hands down recommend!

It was our first ever set of surf lessons, and we were really happy with everything - the... read more

Reviewed April 8, 2021
katerinam826

All reviews surf lessons costa rica learning how green waves amazing week learn how catch waves pura vida positive energy great teacher amazing team step by step an amazing experience learned how feel comfortable making sure national park
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019

It's rare to find businesses that embody ethical practices and a commitment to providing a great experience, Bodhi does both amazingly! Their property is beautiful and located in a cool community, the food is delicious and healthy, the yoga platform feels like paradise, the surf instruction is rocking, and the staff are wonderful people! I had an unforgettable experience and left with a renewed perspective on my own impact in the world. I can't wait to return to Bodhi to continue to work on my surf skills and explore the area even more.

Date of experience: June 2019
achandrahuff, Owner at Uvita Surf Lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Thank you, Kiersten B, for taking the time to write about your experience at Bodhi Surf + Yoga! We're stoked to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at our lodge, that you enjoyed the property as well as the community, the food, the yoga, surf instruction and staff! We very much hope you'll come stay with us again in the future! Pura vida :)

~Team Bodhi Surf + Yoga

Reviewed November 14, 2018

This is one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. I have been to many surf camps but this is definitely at the top. The staff are some of the most genuine and interesting people I have ever met and I am truly inspired by the work that they do and the passion they have for the ocean, the environment, and their community. I would highly recommend this place to anybody!

Date of experience: November 2018
achandrahuff, Owner at Uvita Surf Lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Hey jessicaleblanc2018 — thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Bodhi Surf + Yoga! We're so glad that you have been inspired by the work we do, and we appreciate your recommendation very much :)

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I spent a week at Bodhi Surf + Yoga in February and it truly had a life changing impression on me. Bodhi, while is a surf and yoga school, is actually so much more!
The physical space is beautiful. I stayed in their larger cabin with my two friends. It was immaculately kept and absolutely beautiful. The whole place is serene, comfortable, and lush. The food is delicious and the family style meals were so enjoyable. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly - we all felt completely at home there. They have a big focus on the environment and living sustainably, which is beautiful to see.
The surf lessons were great. I have taken others and Gibran's were by far the best. Each day we added to what we had learned the day before. He was patient with us, but also pushed us. I am surprised by how much I learned in a week and the confidence I gained. On our last day of surf, we were all able to catch some green waves!
The yoga was also incredible. Pilar is such a passionate, warm, insightful teacher. This was definitely the best yoga experience I have ever had. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the yoga classes each day. The yoga is a beautiful pairing with the surfing.
The whole experience went way beyond my expectations. If you're considering it, you should just go for it. You will be so happy you did! Myself and my friends are already talking about returning.
Thank you Bodhi for the most amazing week, we will be back!

Date of experience: February 2018
achandrahuff, Owner at Uvita Surf Lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Emma P — Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Bodhi on one of our weekly surf and yoga camps. We are so very happy to hear that the trip exceeded you and your friends' expectations, and that you learned a lot about surfing, yoga, and more! We had such a wonderful time with you three, and we are excitedly awaiting your next visit :)

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

It’s easy to travel, but harder to travel and not compromise your values.

Travis and Adiranne have a great thing going at Bodhi. They are a Bcorp certified company, and although we only spent a morning taking surf lessons, we saw those values in action.

Yes they taught us to surf, but we learned about the history and wildlife in the National Park, the state of recycling in Costa Rica, and how to respect and give back to the ocean that gave us so much in our 10 days in Costa Rica. I can only imagine what the experience would be like if you spent a week with them and the Bodhi team.

My wife, and two girls ages 7 and 9 had been looking forward to Costa Rica for 5 months. Travis and Luis did not disappoint- they were great guides, educators and coaches- we all got up by the end of our lesson.

If you are thinking about the southern coast for a holiday, definitely think about Bodhi.
(Ok- the picture is my youngest body surfing another day- I opted to leave my camera in the truck and just enjoy the moment.)

Date of experience: February 2018

Gordon G — Thank you for taking the time to write about you and your family's experience learning to surf with Bodhi! We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time learning about surfing, the environment, and Costa Rica. We very much hope that you guys will be back for one of our Bodhi Sessions surf and yoga camps! :)

Reviewed February 21, 2018

If you are looking for a beautiful place, friendly staff and great yoga and surfing lessons then this is the place you want to go!
As soon as I got there I knew I made the right decision. Everybody is so friendly...from the driver who took us from the airport, to the staff and the other guests. Really a wonderfull experience all around. I trully recommend it. The surf lessons with Travis were great, yoga with Pilar amazing, Gibran and Adrianne so accomodating and nice. It felt like family the whole time.
I am deeply greateful to them for making my vacation a great experience. Hopefully Ill be back soon.

Date of experience: February 2018

Constanza B — thank you for your time to write about your experience at Bodhi. We are so glad that you enjoyed the whole surf and yoga camp experience at Bodhi Surf + Yoga. We are glad that you were able to visit us and dedicate a week to learning to surf and discovering your yoga practice. We had such an amazing week with you, and sincerely hope that you will be back for another visit!