“it took two hours to get the smile off my face”
Review of Ultralight Tour - CLOSED

Ultralight Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Saint Albans, West Virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“it took two hours to get the smile off my face”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

All of who are lucky enough to be able to take regular vacations know that there are a few things that stick out with each trip that are memorable. This one topped our last 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Truly amazing to watch the whales migrating from above where you can see the whole whale and her calf as opposed to a boat where you can only see the whale break the surface. My wife and I both took the 1 hour flight and it was truly worth every penny. It will be a vacation memory that I will talk about for years. Georg is very professional and his life's adventures are very interesting. He made us feel very safe and comfortable. Don't miss this one!

Visited September 2013

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Amazing way to view the coast and reef. Just do it!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked a half hour flight along the coast. Not having done this sort if thing before and not having a great head for heights I was a tad nervous beforehand.

None of this mattered as the flight is quite a gentle experience. The plane is a bit like a toboggan, with the passenger sitting in the back. Take off and landing are very easy, with a sense of floating in the air with no G force. The plane can turn on a sixpence, and we had some incredible views of the reef and some sharks in the water below.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank davout
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“"A must do"”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I did this tour back earlier this year. We were just planning our next trip and planning to do this again, so I thought I should write a review (sorry Georg & Carlos) We were staying in Dominical and drove to the landing strip where we were met by Carlos. I decided that I was going to do the 40 minute tour and when I returned back to the landing strip I wished I had done the longer trip further south. What a way to see the beautiful coast; beautiful COUNTRY!

A MUST DO!

Visited February 2012
west palm beach
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“View Paradise from the Air”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fantastic trip,Expert Pilot Georg,
I have been to Costa Rica several times and I am so glad that I finally took this great trip.
You have no idea how beautiful this country is untill you experience an Ultralight tour.
My flight was down the coast from Dominical to Coranado and Whale watching on the way back.
Wow seeing the Humpbacks from the air was amazing. Yes I will do this trip again.
Highly recommend this trip to every one.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank baseball1130
Surrey, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ultralight Tours are a beautiful way to see coastline!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Georg (pilot) and Carlos (apprentice) are the most friendly folks I have ever met. These guys love to fly. Georg has a passion for flying and Costa Rica and loves to share this excitement with you. Our group had gone ziplining with Osa Canopy Tours the day before and my wife has a bad wrist and couldn't join us, so we stopped by Ultralight Tours and booked my wife for a ride the next morning. She was glowing with excitement when she got back on the ground. South of the main grocery stores and across from the hardware store in Uvita. Papa Kilo airstrip is on the water side of the road. Well worth the trip from Dominical.

Visited February 2012