We hands down already miss this place so much and plan on going back when we return to Costa Rica. TikiVillas was our second place to stay on our honeymoon, and was our favorite. We arrived later than we anticipated, in the dark and rain. Gary was there to greet us and showed us to our villa (#1). The villas were large, with an indoor and outdoor shower and small kitchen. He then gave us our welcome drinks, banana coladas, which were very refereshing! We were not hungry as we had a very late lunch, but decided to go for desert - ice cream with fruit, so amazingly good!
We stayed at the villas for three nights, and ususally went to bed around 8 and woke up to the howler monkeys around 5. There is a lot of bird and monkey activity at this location, which is one of the reasons why we loved it so much, it really felt like we were in Costa Rica by just sitting out and watching all of the activity. We could see the beach from the distance, but were in a rain forest canopy with all of the animals. Note there will be bugs in your villa, plenty of them, but they weren't a bother to us.
Another reason we loved the villas is that Gary and Pablo were very accommodating, they had great knowledge of their country (loved to give you information), loved to point out the animals, and wanted to make you feel welcomed and happy while you were there. Perfect example, I thought the banana colada was okay, but I love strawberry coladas. I asked Gary to make me one, it is not on their menu, and Gary did not know anything about it, but was happy to try and make one. It was fabulous! I asked Pablo for one the next night, and he followed Gary's directions and made a fabulous one as well!
The food there was amazing. Breakfast was complimentary, I chose the pancakes for two mornings, and the typical breakfast one morning (Kevin had that all three mornings). Loved it, especially the cheese! Pablo suggested the Salsa sauce, which is amazing! We wanted to bring some back with us, but that was a no go and have been looking at several stores here to find it. We were only going to have dinner there once, the second night we wanted to go out, but it ended up raining most of the evening and just did not want to be back out in the dark and rain, so we had dinner twice. Dinner is great, but more expensive than if we were to go out. I had the chicken with the peach palm sauce - I wish I could have taken that with me as well, it is amazingly good! I enjoyed mixing it with my mashed potatoes (I got the grilled potatoes the first night, bland), would have made a great pasta dish sauce!
They were doing work around the villas, but even so, it was still very peaceful and relaxing as there was only one other couple there the first night, we were the only ones the second night, and another couple arrived the third night. The pool is small, but is very relaxing just to sit in, could have been slightly warmer, but great views from being in the pool!
I highly recommend a stay here, you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Uvita