“The best place in Costa Rica!”

TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Uvita
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We hands down already miss this place so much and plan on going back when we return to Costa Rica. TikiVillas was our second place to stay on our honeymoon, and was our favorite. We arrived later than we anticipated, in the dark and rain. Gary was there to greet us and showed us to our villa (#1). The villas were large, with an indoor and outdoor shower and small kitchen. He then gave us our welcome drinks, banana coladas, which were very refereshing! We were not hungry as we had a very late lunch, but decided to go for desert - ice cream with fruit, so amazingly good!

We stayed at the villas for three nights, and ususally went to bed around 8 and woke up to the howler monkeys around 5. There is a lot of bird and monkey activity at this location, which is one of the reasons why we loved it so much, it really felt like we were in Costa Rica by just sitting out and watching all of the activity. We could see the beach from the distance, but were in a rain forest canopy with all of the animals. Note there will be bugs in your villa, plenty of them, but they weren't a bother to us.

Another reason we loved the villas is that Gary and Pablo were very accommodating, they had great knowledge of their country (loved to give you information), loved to point out the animals, and wanted to make you feel welcomed and happy while you were there. Perfect example, I thought the banana colada was okay, but I love strawberry coladas. I asked Gary to make me one, it is not on their menu, and Gary did not know anything about it, but was happy to try and make one. It was fabulous! I asked Pablo for one the next night, and he followed Gary's directions and made a fabulous one as well!

The food there was amazing. Breakfast was complimentary, I chose the pancakes for two mornings, and the typical breakfast one morning (Kevin had that all three mornings). Loved it, especially the cheese! Pablo suggested the Salsa sauce, which is amazing! We wanted to bring some back with us, but that was a no go and have been looking at several stores here to find it. We were only going to have dinner there once, the second night we wanted to go out, but it ended up raining most of the evening and just did not want to be back out in the dark and rain, so we had dinner twice. Dinner is great, but more expensive than if we were to go out. I had the chicken with the peach palm sauce - I wish I could have taken that with me as well, it is amazingly good! I enjoyed mixing it with my mashed potatoes (I got the grilled potatoes the first night, bland), would have made a great pasta dish sauce!

They were doing work around the villas, but even so, it was still very peaceful and relaxing as there was only one other couple there the first night, we were the only ones the second night, and another couple arrived the third night. The pool is small, but is very relaxing just to sit in, could have been slightly warmer, but great views from being in the pool!

I highly recommend a stay here, you will love it!

Room Tip: I can't compared villas, but we had #1 and it had a great view and no complaints.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Megan T
There are newer reviews for TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is absolutely amazing. It is situated away from the main road, we had a 4x4 so it was no problem getting there. We arrived late and were still greeted with a yummy coctail. There are not many villas, so the likelihood of you having the place to yourself is high. Both times that we went to the pool, there was no one else around but us. We stayed for a few hours and really enjoyed the views, nature and the wonderful staff who took the time to bring us ice water and binoculars for bird viewing. We spotted some toucans. Such beauty! The villa itself, has a kitchen, shower and outside shower for those days you want to rinse off ocean salt and sand. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was amazing, we didn't bother them much however they offered services such as booking tours etc. If you stay here, take the time to enjoy a tasty quiet dinner. The food was delicious- one of the best meals we had the entire two weeks we were in costa rica. I can not say enough great things! Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

4  Thank Christina D
Reviewed May 10, 2014

TikiVillas is the perfect blend of beautiful scenery, amazing structure & design, over the top service with the privacy and romance that made it an unforgettable stay. Pablo was the best...thank you for making my first trip to CR special. We'll be back...

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AuggieGal
Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a beautiful place to stay in Costa Rica -- this place is like a dream! We spent the final few days of our honeymoon in Uvita and just LOVED our stay at the gorgeous Tikivillas Rainforest Lodge. The view from our room was absolutely breathtaking. (You definitely need to have a 4x4 to get up the hill to reach the property though.)

Upon our arrival, my husband & I were greeted with delicious smoothies and a chance to relax by the infinity pool as the sun slowly faded away. Thomas & Cindy were wonderful hosts and very helpful throughout our stay. We appreciated their suggestions for local activities & also their assistance with things like making restaurant reservations. The breakfast served each morning was also delicious & filling. Our rooms were clean and we enjoyed the open view on the balcony. We rented the room w/o air conditioning, and it was fine because the weather was generally fairly cool when we were there. We would love to make our way back to Uvita one day & stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missdignan
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I don't know quite where to begin, the well thought out bungalow that opens to a beautiful view of the sea or the staff that went well beyond my expectations to make it a perfect Honeymoon.

I think I have to start with the staff. Every member of the team was flawless in service and hospitality. During our stay our concierge / maître d's were Gary and Pablo. Both of which gave excellent advice on local sights and restaurants as well as made us feel welcome and at home in their tropical paradise. My wife's birthday fell on one of the days of our trip and Gary was excellent coordinating with me and the excellent chef to give her a surprise that we will always remember. Pablo also went beyond the call of duty in insuring every aspect of our trip was perfect, including the day trip adventure he booked for us. Next on my list of staff to admire has to be the talented masseuses who work at the Spa. Now let me start by saying that, unlike my wife, I'm new to the spa experience but I have to say.. Guys you have to try this! In a beautiful room open to the rain forest you can hear the surf breaking, the birds talking to each other as you close your eyes and they work their magic to relax and soothe you into a blissful state. Follow that with a bottle of wine and a great dinner at the Villa's restaurant and you will have an evening you will always remember.

The food was wonderful. I still miss having the traditional breakfast each morning. The other choices on the menu were good as well but that one has a special place in my heart. (Pablo informed me about the Lizano Salsa that makes it even better! Try it)

Note: there are only 5 bungalows now but they will be closing for the rainy season to add more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ZIM2001
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Tikivillas after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor and found it to be just as good as we had hoped. The villas were of high quality and views and location was superb. The rooms were large, the private jungle shower was a great experience - especially in the rain. Gary looked after us for most of the stay and has so helpful with advice and pointing out the various animals around the lodge. We ate in the small restaurant every night as the quality of the food was good. Plenty of things to see and do in the immediate area - the snorkelling trip to Cano island was very enjoyable - although be sure to take plenty of sunscreen. Do not miss the nearby waterfalls in Uvita - you can swim in the deep pools underneath the falls - a great experience. Be sure to try the cocktails they were the best that we had in Costa Rica! We would recommend that you have a 4 wheel drive car to make sure that you can get up the roads.
The area is only about an hour south of Manuel Antonio but is much quieter and worth the extra distance .
Good value for money

Room Tip: All are excellent
4  Thank Martin W
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I spent 8 nights here during the first week of April 2014 for our honeymoon and could not have made a better choice of where to stay. Thomas and Cindy where very helpful and quickly responded to any of our questions before we arrived, and there are not enough nice things to say about how wonderful Pablo and Gary were once we checked in.

I am so happy that we spent our entire honeymoon here. The amenities rooms, pool and view are better than the website can capture and everyone who worked there made us feel like we were staying at the Four Seasons. The location is close to lots of activities and restaurants, we did not have a phone and it was no issue because Pablo and Gary made reservations for us for each day of the trip including ATV rides, a snorkel trip, hiking, surf lessons, kayaking, and several local restaurants. As for the restaurant, some of the best dinner of the whole trip was only steps away from our room and the breakfast was divine. The banana coladas were delicious and a lovely welcome drink that we enjoyed on our 2nd day there.

The grounds were immaculately clean and well cared for, the parking was secured, and our villa was bigger than the photos made it look. We stayed in Villa 2, which was very nice and had a great view of the ocean. The air conditioning was quiet and worked well. The only thing that wasn't the best was the mattress- it was a little stiff.

It is true that you can hear trucks on the road, but it was never distracting and doesn't take away from hearing the waves on the shore at high tide. There is a bit of a construction site below the villas but you couldn't see it from our room and we never heard them - even though we were up between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. every morning.

Overall, if we had booked any longer than 8 nights, we would have quit our jobs and moved to Costa Rica. I would recommend TikiVillas to friends and family and I hope to return again someday.

Thank you Pabo, Gary, Cindy and Thomas!

Meredith and Hal

Room Tip: Definitely have your own car if you choose TikiVillas. It is really necessary to enjoy what the are...
2  Thank MereNecessities