We chose TikiVillas based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, almost thinking it was too good to be true. We spent seven wonderful days there, and we can tell you it is as amazing and comfortable and beautiful as everyone else has said. I believe the commitment of the owners to the environment and the local community makes the extra magic of this beautiful hideaway.
There are five villas, and each one is spacious and private. The sleeping area has a king size bed and a side area with a desk. The bathroom has a large indoor shower attached to a private outdoor shower, which was very nice after a day in the jungle. Beside the bathroom is a large walk-in closet with a safe. The bedroom area has large doors that open onto a balcony with a breath-taking view of the pacific ocean. We slept with the doors open, and we woke up to jungle noises and sunshine every morning. We saw toucans, agouti, and various other birds from our room. We also heard the howler monkeys every morning. In addition, there is a nice kitchenette with a refrigerator, coffee maker, sink, and hot plate. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day.
At the main area of the villas is an open air eating/lounging area where we could get drinks, eat a traditional Costa Rican breakfast, or splash about in the infinity pool. Every morning we were offered delicious fresh fruits, eggs, bacon, gallo pinto, pancakes, and that tasty Costa Rican coffee. We really felt relaxed and at home.
With all these terrific elements, I have saved the best for last. The service provided by the staff at the villas was --bar none-- the best we have ever experienced. Richard served breakfast, drew maps, made reservations, and refused no request we made. Minor (hope my spelling is correct) hoisted luggage through the rain, chased off critters from the porch,and took pictures for us. We would return from a day of adventure, and both would instantly appear with water, towels, and whatever else we needed. Richard's fresh mango colada was the BEST! They made our vacation a truly memorable experience, and we consider them friends.
So go to TikiVillas! This was our first trip to Costa Rica, and it won't be our last. Pura vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita