My wife and I stayed two nights at Tiki Villas in late December; our first stop of a trip that went from Uvita to Carate on the Osa and then up to Monte Azul in San Isidro. Tiki Villa was a wonderful way to enter into our jungle vacation. We arrived up the steep driveway (4X4 only) after driving from San Jose.
We were met by owner Thomas by the bar in the beautiful and comfortable, open air patio and a couple of guests in the spacious and clean infinity pool, overlooking a vista of the rainforest and crashing Pacific. We soon found ourselves in the pool; watching sunset, sipping on our delicious (welcome) banana daiquiri, and meeting the other couples at the lodge. The pool and deck as it turned out was a comfortable space for meeting and chatting with Thomas and the other guests. There are only 5 well appointed casitas with fully opening sliding doors across from the bed with a full Pacific view… ahhhhh… comfortable king size bed and plenty of space. Both bathroom and main space were comfortable, modern and clean, there is a small kitchen area with sink and fridge. Although many reviewers have said the A/C is unnecessary, my wife and I were thankful for a respite form the heat and humidity. The fans were mostly adequate, but we were happy to have the air conditioning particularly when we shut the doors to discourage bugs.
We were tired and regretful that there was no dinner available; Thomas offered that we could order from a local restaurant and for a $10 delivery fee they would send the food to us, after considering our options we decided to do that (fantastic Caprese salad and decent pizza), we were prepared to eat out of take out containers, but Thomas set up a place setting with china, flatware, glasses and candles, so sweet and unexpected hospitality. Thomas did say that he will soon be offering dinner. When we returned to our room, unfortunately we found that the air conditioning drain was clogged, turns out hornets filled the drain tube with mud, the sheets were wet from the dripping through the mattress pad. Thomas to the rescue (I am sure he was tired and would prefer to not be dealing with this, but he had a smile on his face)! He handled it all graciously, got dry and clean bedding, changed out the wet and put on the dry, apologized relentlessly and assured us he would repair it and make it right (which he generously did at check out). We had a great sleep, a wonderful day at Playa Ventanas and a wonderful second night at the lodge. Breakfast was simple, but good, accommodations spacious clean and comfortable and Thomas’s willingness to deal with a problem head on was impressive. I highly recommend Tiki Villa Rainforest Lodge. Just a small note, so that you are not surprised, unlike deep in the jungle in Carate, you do hear occasional slight traffic from the road below. Turned out to be the perfect stopping point on our way to Osa Peninsula; it was about 3 ½ hours from here to Carate. Check out dinner at Exotica and Citrus in Ojachal and a great lunch spot at Villa Leonor at Ballena Beach Club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita