My wife and I stayed here in March 2012 on our honeymoon. I'm so glad we did. It's an amazing place. And we owe a big thanks to the owners. We booked through a travel agent, and the agent mistakenly booked us for 4 nights instead of 5. We almost had to leave on the last night of our honeymoon! But the owners went out of their way to fix the problem and we were able to stay the extra night. Thanks!!
It is located in an area of the country that has great access to the jungle, the mountains, and literally miles of beautiful beaches. And it is much less crowded in this area than other areas of the country.
The property itself is on top of a big hill surrounded by jungle, with amazing views of the coast. It is really unique. The hotel is designed well. All of the rooms (which are actually littile villas, up on raised columns) are situated to take full advantage of the views. The best view is from the infinity pool.
The service was excellent. Our room was cleaned every day. We woke every morning and walked down to the lounge for our fresh breakfast that was SO GOOD! The owners and staff gave us great advice about things to do in the area. They arranged for us to get a massage in our room and made reservations for us at a nearby restaurant (Exotica). Literally the best restaurant I have ever been to.
There is nothing bad to be said about this place. Can't wait to go back.
Recommedations: You MUST have a 4x4 to get up the driveway. Eat at Exotica. Go surfing in Domincal. Check out Playa Ventanas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Uvita