After 10 days of touring Costa Rica and before moving on to Osa Peninsula, we took a breather at Tiki Villas north of Uvita. What a great place! It has breathtaking views of the ocean, jungle, and wildlife, in a romantic and secluded setting. There are 5 Bali style bungalows built on high platforms – beautifully integrated into nature – with prime ocean and jungle views. The rooms are open – no wall - toward the ocean, which was a wonderful experience. We fell asleep to the soft sounds of the ocean surf and the warm wind in the jungle and awoke to Toucans flying by. A new standard for relaxation and peaceful sleep! Just sitting on the terrace was a pure relaxation that produced after a while an altered state of consciousness. I have rarely been so relaxed. What a paradise! The rooms are very spacious with a walk-in closet, a large bathroom tiled in natural stone, and two showers: indoor and outdoor. The entire setting is spacious, soothing, and tastefully simple – no clutter but everything one might need including a kitchen (with coffee) and a refrigerator, and even insect repellent (we never had a problem). There is a large open Bali style restaurant (breakfast only) and bar and an infinity lap pool overlooking the ocean – ideal for watching wildlife and sunsets while sipping one of the excellent banana coladas Cindy makes. Tom was a most attentive, responsive, yet non-intrusive host. We felt we had the place entirely to ourselves while having gracious and attentive service when needed. While chatting we mentioned to Tom in passing that we love vegetables. The next morning he served an assortment of steamed fresh asparagus, and broccoli, sautéed bell peppers, perfectly ripened avocado in addition to the regular breakfast without extra charge. On the first day he asked how we liked our eggs; “poached” we said. He had never made poached eggs; no one had ever asked. However, 30 minutes later after a morning swim and shower we found at our breakfast perfectly poached eggs: he had googled how to make them. One could not wish for a more attentive and gracious host. The wonderful service added to the peacefulness and luxurious feel of the setting. We could have easily stayed a few more days. Tiki Villas is less than an hour’s drive away from Manuel Antonio and it is a much more pleasant setting than to stay in the crowded, overbuilt MA area with hustlers on every corner trying to sell you something. Hacienda Baru is a nearby and the beach is only across the street. The street between MA and Sierpe (Osa Peninsula) is new and the drive from Tiki Villas only took us 45 minutes. In hindsight, one could have even explored Osa Peninsula and Cano Island from here as one or two day trips – and would have saved a huge amount of money and stress. Tiki Villas was by far the best value on our CR vacation and many other vacations. It’s the perfect, relaxing, and romantic tropical get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Uvita