All reviews extremely clean rooms beautiful forest air conditioning costa rica victor fridge bilingual trees nature
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Is has been already more than a year ago when we stayed there, but still I want to post this review, as our stay was so good.
Owners Victor & Victor are very helpful and really care about the guests. A small example: we had a broken light bulb and they immediately replaced it by unscrewing one of their own light bulbs. They also assist in choosing activities. We have done a very pleasant dolphin watching tour and a horse riding tour. Both are recommended.
Cabins are clean and spacious.
Location is at 45min walking distance from the sea and close to the bus stop. It is a good stop en route to Bahía Drake.

If we are ever to travel again to Costa Rica, we are definitely staying here again.
Stayed here: November 2010

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here for a great couple of nights, very comfortable cabin in the forest, spotless. Victor was incredibly helpful, speaking perfect English and giving us lots of tips! His father drove us to the beach in the morning at no extra cost and a computer is also available to use the internet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My name is Sam. I am from Minnesota, US. This secluded cabin in a jungle area definitely exceeded my expectations. Absolutely nothing requires improvement. The place I was given was a second story suite consistent of one spacious master room with a king size bed, another room with a bunk bed, a living room with table and chairs, an elegant full size bathroom with a large bathtub, shower and a toilette that work flawlessly, and a balcony with a hammock. The place was air conditioned. The hot water was provided by solar energy.
The breakfast was included with the lodging and was served by the owner from 7:00 – 9:00 AM as a sit-down meal. Here is the site:
This is a family owned bed and breakfast place. I was told about the place by Mauricio, our host in Cabinas Manolo in Drake Bay next to Corcovado Park. At Cabinas Los Laureles, we interacted mostly with Victor Hugo the son; while Victor Hugo the father was in the background perhaps running the show. The son, who is in his twenties, grew up in the States. He provided free bottled water during our stay. Bottled water is twice as expensive as in Minnesota. Considering the temperature is 90 degree F, you will drink 3 times more water.
There is also free Wi Fi and a guest computer with Internet access if you didn’t bring yours.
You go to the office, and Victor will appear to help you since the office is adjacent to the family’s residence. Our comfort and best interest were Victor’s highest priority. He gave me advice on places to visit and information that I needed. Victor also arranged my comfortable low cost transportation to San Jose. He kept my valuables in a safe. He in fact provided the most needed trip coordination service. He gave me a free ride to the water fall when I needed one. He carried our luggage on a small tractor to the cabin when we first arrived. The family atmosphere and customer service are something that you will appreciate at Cabinas Los Laureles.
Uvita is a small village. The beach is 5 minutes away cab ride. And it costs $5.00. If you are a hiker, you can walk to the beach in 40 minutes. The beach is part of a preserved area; so the government charges $6.00 per person access fee. Kids 12 and below are free.
The water next to the Whale Tail Island is calm and gives opportunity for nice swimming. Snorkeling is one of the attractions in this area. I think the main attraction is whale watching during the whale season (9 months out of the year.) You could also do ziplining. I made the mistake of waiting until I got back to San Jose to do ziplining; the price turned out to be three times as much because in San Jose they have to transport you 1.5 hours out of the city to the ziplining area.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room that is air conditioned.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I love this place. I have stayed here more than once. Beautiful landscaping, wonderful Tico hosts, great comfortable rooms. Lovely cool environment in a very hot place! Close to a beautiful waterfall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We booked at Cabinas Los Laureles because it was the only place still available 3 weeks before the Envision festival. I think that's because the pictures on this site don't do it justice.

The cabinas are comfortable, clean and very spacious. The complementary breakfast was very good.

The best part is the family who runs the place. Father and son, Victor and Victor, went out of their way over and over again to make everyone comfortable. They gave us breakfast an hour after breakfast was supposed to be finished. They offered to drive us to the waterfalls. At one point I had a question for the younger Victor who was on the phone and he immediately told the other person "I'll call you right back" and hung up to help us out first.

Great service. Comfortable stay. We'll stay there again if back in Uvita.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends