All reviewsextremely clean roomsbeautiful forestair conditioningcosta ricavictorcabinasfridgebilingualtreesnature
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My name is Sam. I am from Minnesota, US. This secluded cabin in a jungle area definitely exceeded my expectations. Absolutely nothing requires improvement. The place I was given was a second story suite consistent of one spacious master room with a king size bed, another room with a bunk bed, a living room with table and chairs, an elegant full size bathroom with a large bathtub, shower and a toilette that work flawlessly, and a balcony with a hammock. The place was air conditioned. The hot water was provided by solar energy.
The breakfast was included with the lodging and was served by the owner from 7:00 – 9:00 AM as a sit-down meal. Here is the site:
This is a family owned bed and breakfast place. I was told about the place by Mauricio, our host in Cabinas Manolo in Drake Bay next to Corcovado Park. At Cabinas Los Laureles, we interacted mostly with Victor Hugo the son; while Victor Hugo the father was in the background perhaps running the show. The son, who is in his twenties, grew up in the States. He provided free bottled water during our stay. Bottled water is twice as expensive as in Minnesota. Considering the temperature is 90 degree F, you will drink 3 times more water.
There is also free Wi Fi and a guest computer with Internet access if you didn’t bring yours.
You go to the office, and Victor will appear to help you since the office is adjacent to the family’s residence. Our comfort and best interest were Victor’s highest priority. He gave me advice on places to visit and information that I needed. Victor also arranged my comfortable low cost transportation to San Jose. He kept my valuables in a safe. He in fact provided the most needed trip coordination service. He gave me a free ride to the water fall when I needed one. He carried our luggage on a small tractor to the cabin when we first arrived. The family atmosphere and customer service are something that you will appreciate at Cabinas Los Laureles.
Uvita is a small village. The beach is 5 minutes away cab ride. And it costs $5.00. If you are a hiker, you can walk to the beach in 40 minutes. The beach is part of a preserved area; so the government charges $6.00 per person access fee. Kids 12 and below are free.
The water next to the Whale Tail Island is calm and gives opportunity for nice swimming. Snorkeling is one of the attractions in this area. I think the main attraction is whale watching during the whale season (9 months out of the year.) You could also do ziplining. I made the mistake of waiting until I got back to San Jose to do ziplining; the price turned out to be three times as much because in San Jose they have to transport you 1.5 hours out of the city to the ziplining area.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room that is air conditioned.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I love this place. I have stayed here more than once. Beautiful landscaping, wonderful Tico hosts, great comfortable rooms. Lovely cool environment in a very hot place! Close to a beautiful waterfall.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We booked at Cabinas Los Laureles because it was the only place still available 3 weeks before the Envision festival. I think that's because the pictures on this site don't do it justice.

The cabinas are comfortable, clean and very spacious. The complementary breakfast was very good.

The best part is the family who runs the place. Father and son, Victor and Victor, went out of their way over and over again to make everyone comfortable. They gave us breakfast an hour after breakfast was supposed to be finished. They offered to drive us to the waterfalls. At one point I had a question for the younger Victor who was on the phone and he immediately told the other person "I'll call you right back" and hung up to help us out first.

Great service. Comfortable stay. We'll stay there again if back in Uvita.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed one night in a 4 person room, the beds were really comfortable, lots of big windows and fans for fresh air. Everything was clean. We so appreciated and are in gratitude for Victor, the host, and had a blast at the Envision Festival. We really couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more - the hospitality of Los Laureles set us up so nicely. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Cabinas for three nights during our trip to Uvita in February 2012 and found the location and staff to be terrific. The rooms are located in a beautiful forest setting, within walking distance to two waterfalls (1Km and 2Km) and a 5 minute cab ride ($1 USD) to the the beautiful beaches of the National Marine Park. Rooms are reasonably prized, with basic amenities, but clean. The family-owned staff is very helpful. If you want to see birds and walk in a well preserved primary forest, go to a nearby family-owned farm called Oro Verde. If you want some good food, walk to La Canalla. Uvita is a great little place.

Room Tip: Ask if room has hot water.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple