Oxygen was just not the place for us. After travelling in Costa Rica for 10 days, we arrived at Oxygen Jungle Villas. I think I had high expectations from the website and all of the great experiences I had on my trip previous to Oxygen.
Upon arrival we were shown our villa. Upon first entering it felt really cold. This is probably because the staff is wearing jeans and black t-shirts in the hot Costa Rican climate. We turned off the a/c and at that time I noticed a glade plug in. I unplugged it because of sensitivities to the chemical fragrence. Soon we realized that the glade plug in was there because the villa had a musty smell. We then turned on the dehumidifier to see if that would help. It did not.
The dinner menu is surprise, and I appreciate more choice. We ended up doing a lot of driving up and down the hill to go into Dominical to eat at the local places. I loved the Thai/Indian place cocount ginger, Morgan's Park, and the restruaunt at Cuna De Angel, just past Tikki Villas, the original Bali Style establishment in Uvita.
I did not feel that Oxygen was a great value for Costa Rica. I stayed at three other establishments, and all were less money, same level of service, and included breakfast.
As far as the cleanliness goes, the place was clean, but the only seats in our villa besides the bed was a couch with mold growing on the cusion.
We will not be returning to Oxygen on our next trip. The staff was great, but the downsides to my experience all outweigh the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita