We just returned from staying at Oxygen Jungle Villas for one week. Without a doubt, this was one the the nicest places we visited and much nicer than other hotels that we stayed at in Costa Rica (or elsewhere for that matter). If you are looking for luxury, privacy, quiet, views, wildlife and delicious cuisine, this is an excellent choice.
The villas are gorgeous. The side and front walls are glass (with the ability to close curtains for privacy) so you wake up to views of the forest and the ocean. The villas are spaced apart far enough for privacy which was nice. The beds are really comfy. The bathrooms are beautiful with rain showers-so relaxing to come back to after a day at the beach. Each villa has a front patio where you can sit on the couch and enjoy the views and the many birds that live near the property. We enjoyed waking up to the sounds of toucans and other birds that we never see at home. Some mornings and evenings we heard howler monkeys.
There is a restaurant and bar onsite that serves wonderful food, and you'll want to experience the surpise four-course dinner at least once. As others have mentioned, it is a culinary delight not to be missed. The breakfasts are also really tasty.
Another reviewer mentioned the location, specifically the drive to the villas. I have to say that the first time we did the drive I found it a bit intimidating. While the road is not dangerous, it is rocky and a four-wheel drive is necessary. That being said, once you do the drive once, it is no problem getting up and down the mountain and it takes no time to develop an appreciation for the location. On our first day, we saw two toucans, several morpho butterflies and a number of odd and beautiful insects. On our second day, we were driving on the road from the villas and saw a three-toed sloth crossing the road. We were so close we could have pet him. Every day there was a new and wonderful wildlife experience. Had we selected a different location, I'm sure we would not have experienced the same intimacy with nature.
In addition to the wildlife, there is a lovely trail that leads to a small waterfall and swimming hole minutes from the villas, a larger waterfall and swimming area just down the street and of course, a beautiful infinity pool on the property. Coming and going is very easy and we relished the experience of returning to our gorgeous villa after a long day of exploring all that the area has to offer.
The staff at Oxygen are very friendly and accommodating. We didn't have an opportunity to meet Flora, but Edwin and everyone else was wonderful. Edwin set us up with some very memorable tours including Nayaca Falls (highly recommended) and Cano Island snorkeling. He also shared recommendations for where to see the best sunsets, where to get great food, best times to experience the whales tail, etc. We couldn't have been more pleased. Ask Edwin for one of his personalized "maps"-much better than any guidebook! If you aren't looking to do something every day as we did, staying at the villas and relaxing in the pool or waterfalls, exploring the property (lots of wildlife in hills above villas) or relaxing in your gorgeous villa are also options. This is a great place for watching birds.
There are no TVs, which I actually appreciated, however, there is a personal DVD player in each room and a selection of DVDs at the front desk. There is free WIFI on the property although sometimes connection speeds are slow (remember, you are in the mountains/forest). This is the kind of place where you want to leave all that stuff behind and really enjoy each day.
We couldn't have been more pleased and wouldn't change a thing except that next time we will book longer than a week. Thank you Oxygen for making our vacation so memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita