We booked for 2 and eventually stayed 4 days. What a beautiful place to stay. From your glass villa you can see tucans, hear monkeys and see other animals doing they're thing. The rooms are absolutely fabulous and you feel like you're on honeymoon. The main pool next to the restaurant is perfect for a dip and they serve a lot of cocktails who are made by Victor, he does an amazing job!
The food was not very good in the beginning but we had a very good talk with the new manager (who is very hands on! yes!!!) and even spoke to the chef that it would be great to have some beautiful local ingredients. They also thought the same about it and hopefully things will be changed. It's just not necessary to use European (fake mozzarella) or Asian things that are hard to get. Hope that the owners will also think about it that people would rather stay in the hotel for a Snapper bbq style dinner then the to difficult salad with ponzu-dressing (what wasn't ponzu). So, the last night we gave it a try again and the chef prepared us something he local he liked, it was AMAZING!!!! (i would recommend asking him to make something)
The only other thing. The tax and service fee on top of the breakfast/lunch/dinner menu is absurd. It is a little strange that they don't do anthing for breakfast (including). Not even a little bit of fruit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita