The property, views and "feel" of this hotel are magnificent. We stayed here two nights - split our time between this hotel and the Gaia in Manuel Antonio so that is all we have to compare it to as far as other hotels in Costa Rica. The villas at Oxygen are incredible and the property is breathtaking. We rented a car, and I would suggest such for staying at this hotel - so you do not have to pay for a cab every time you want to leave to go into town. We found the Uvita area charming and much less populated than Manuel Antonio, and thus was our favorite between the two. The staff at Oxygen were wonderful (not overly attentive, but responsive and always willing to please). As the villas are glass, you do hear more noise and yes, there are bugs (however, this is expected - you are in a rainforest!) but that did not detract from our experience at all. It was wonderful to hear all the bugs, frogs and monkeys at night and in the morning. In the morning, having a coffee outside on the patio of our villa was unbelievable. We ate dinner here once, and the food was good - but, since we enjoy eating at local, traditional food establishments in foreign countries, we ate at many of the local soda restaurants around the area instead. We ate at an amazing bakery just on your way up to the hotel and I would recommend anyone stop there at some point during their stay. Thanks to Oxygen for making our experience in Uvita simply amazing. I would hands down suggest this hotel to anyone looking for tranquility, romance and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita