We stayed 6 nights at Oxygen as a great relaxing beginning of our honeymoon. It´s a perfect getaway with magnificent views. Luckely we had a GPS to find it and a fourweeldrive to get there. Because it´s a 15 minute drive up the hill, it´s perfectly isolated in the middle of the jungle. But no way you'll go by feet to the beach (wich is protected national park so you have to pay 6 dollars p.p. to get there, but it is worth it). The villas are beautiful, they have suroundings of glass, but are also very private. With everything you need, a terrace with a comfortable long bench, a delightful bed, airconditioning (no bugs inside the villa), Ipod dockingstation, minifridge, rainshower and dimminglights to set your villa to your own mood. Our oceanviewvilla had no view sitting on the bench because of the hedge, but standing up you have the most magnificent view. At night you hear the tingfrogs and in the early morning you hear the howlermonkeys in the mountains. We saw tucans, a koati, hummingbirds, a snake, parakeets and dozen of different birds. The main building has a restaurant and swimmingpool with relaxing chairs and beds. It's very modern and has the most beautiful view of the ocean. The staff Alberto, Marco and Jason are very kind and helpfull and they speak very good English. They've arranged a tour to Corcovado for us (90 dollars p.p.), and if you'll stay at Uvita this is something you must do. From Sierpe, a 45 minute drive, you go by boat trough the mangroveforrest and over the ocean to the national park. During this trip you will see the wildlife you are looking for in Costa Rica! Beware the humidity is high and the first trail is tiresome (the 3 hour walk feld like a exhaustion). The second trail to the waterfall is shorter but steep. But it's realy worth it. We have had some points of attention for Oxygen: the hotwaterprovision isn't great, after 5 minutes it's cold and you have to wait a few minutes before it's hot again. The restaurantmenu is limited and you have to pay for breakfast. The chef Dean is very gifted and a great cook, at the fourcourse diner you have to eat what he prepares. So you have bad luck if you don't like meat, fish and that's on the menu. Overall we had a wonderfull stay at Oxygen and if we ever go back to Costa Rica we certainly will return to this hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita