I'm sure that many of you who are researching this area are also looking at Rancho. I'm not going to get into the details of the roads up the hills and whatnot as that is fully covered. My wife and I stayed at both Oxy and RP last Feb. They are different. Overall, Oxy is more laid back and more hip in my opinion. RP is more refined and stylish. We stayed in one of the least expensive rooms at RP and while it was nice (great bathroom) it was a bit of a letdown from our room at Oxy. While everyone at RP (owners, staff, guests) were very nice, it just felt a little pretentious at times. Most guests here are staying at very expensive villas (very nice if you can swing it) and, at least while we were there, these guests seemed to all be members of a club we were merely visiting. That may sound weird but it's the only way I can describe it.
If we were to return, I'd pick Oxy over RP. It is not only a better value, it just feels better. The food at RP gets a slight edge (breakfast is great at RP and included) and the service at RP is slicker, Oxy just feels better.
One last difference, the staff at Oxy is pretty transparent. I mean this in a good way. Very accommodating and then they leave you alone. That's the way we like it. If you need people fawning all over you all the time then RP might be a better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita