The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
$120
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$199
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Cabuya Lodge(Cabuya)
Agoda.com
Fitos House(Cabuya)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga pagodayoga teacher trainingmagical placeeach mealamazing experienceeco luxurypositive energylush junglefood was amazinghealthy foodayurvedic principlesdaily lifelife changing experiencethree weekshowler monkeyspura vidabody and soul
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This had to be the best vacation I had ever been on. The moment you arrive a peaceful feeling of freedom and inspiration arises! Unlike some trips you may be concered of what new enviornment may bring, but here it's all hummingbirds, butterflies, monkeys, gourmet food, beautiful flowers, and very passionate people!
This is a very special place where you are completly surrounded by nature in every direction, it's a great place to "unplug" from the overstimulation of technology that we are deal with.

You can roam the 40+acres of beautiful exciting jungle, swim in the waterfalls, read by the pool, have an amazing massage, or simple just be.

The local excursions are very fun and highly recommended! Zip lining, Cabo Blanco, and snorkeling were all a blast.

The food by the wonderful Marcella is incomparable to anything I have ever eaten! I never felt hungry in between meals like I thought I might had. Each meal is meticuously created to nourish your body. You will feel great! She is so sweet and knowledgeable and truly puts her heart in her work and it shows!

Jeff, Marcella, and Max make such a great team and really make you feel at home here. They are all a wealth of knowledge about many things, and are so easy to talk to.

The dogs (rescue dogs I think) are also so very special! Bodie, Worf, Fidel, and Shadowboy are so calm and sweet. Never jumping up on you or in your way. They really helped us not miss our dogs at home too much! They were NEVER a bother to anyone of us in the whole group of 15! We especially enjoyed their company on hikes around the property, and over seeing pur yoga classes!
They really add to the charm of The Sanctuary and I miss them!

Thank you for the wonderful experience !

1  Thank Anneliese313
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I run an international travel organization and i can honestly say that this resort will change your life. Its the perfect intersection of modern amenities and harmony with nature. The staff was extremely well trained and the owners make sure that every aspect of mu stay was exceptional

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Upon entering the sanctuary you are immediately surprised and excited to find that because it is so protected and secluded the only way to your tree house like accommodations is by foot thru gentle rivers and jungles. I stayed for a week long yoga retreat ( Elizabeth Rossa, shriyoganyc.) even though it was only a week the memory of the sounds, smells and waterfalls follow you back to the city and renew your energy. There is an eco-chic quality to the rooms, hot showers, pretty bathrooms and great views of monkeys in the trees since the rooms are elevated. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared and presented, there was also great Costa Rican coffee. The Sky at night glows with some of the brightest stars I have ever seen. It is as easy to walk to the beach as it is to walk and swim in the waterfalls. The nearby towns are interesting and there are a lot of organic restaurants. Jeff, the owner, is filled with energy and enthusiasm towards the people who visit and the sanctuary he inhabits and protects. I am not someone who takes vacations but I am always up for an adventure. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is for those who want to walk in the jungle.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 887,123,456
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Participation in a yoga retreat at the Sanctuary merged calming energies & individual growth. Meditating to the sounds of the vibrant, living jungle made real my personal paradise. My sensory taste horizons were broadened in lovingly delicious ways through flavor pairings I never imagined, but now embrace. Every possible detail to ensure comfort is attended to in such a subtle way it simply blends into the wild jungle surroundings. Wild jungle visitors, Howler & Capuchin Monkies, stroll by in treetop paths at perfect viewing distance. Resident yoga dogs provide quiet, gentle affection to those of us missing our own pets. Jeff's easy, go with the flow manner helped bring relaxation to another plain. He leads by his values as he gives us a glimpse into eco-conscious living in the unparalleled beauty of Costa Rica that we will treasure forever.

1  Thank jwa61
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have just returned home from an amazing week at the Sanctuary at Two Rivers, and I am still glowing from the experience.

As the co-leader of a Yoga Retreat, I was impressed by the professionalism of the owner from the moment we decided to bring a group to his facility. Putting together this retreat hundreds of miles from home was nearly effortless because of his incredible communication and attention to detail. By the time we arrived, we were absoluely blown away by the beauty of the facility, from the Treehouses where we stayed, to the pool, to the Yoga Pagoda. All were incredible. We were greeted by all kinds of jungle sounds...monkeys, birds, insects. We were surrounded by a feast for our eyes...lush vegetation, flowers, unusual fruits, interesting birds and animals. I have never had the opportunity to practice yoga in a more beautiful space as the Yoga Pagoda. We never used music in classes. The jungle provided plenty.

The food was perhaps the best I have ever tasted. I could not believe the combinations of flavors and textures we were treated to. There was a lot of food, and we all looked forward to the creative works of art that we began to expect on our plates. We took pictures of our food because it was so beautiful! The chef prepared everything with love. In fact, we felt as if we had been welcomed into someone's home the entire time we were there.

The four dogs who live at the Sanctuary were friendly and delightful, and they brought the entire group a lot of happiness. They became part of our retreat family, and we enjoyed the greeting we received each morning! The smallest one led us to yoga in the morning and often hiked out with us to the taxi that took us to excursions. He would be waiting for us when we returned.

The excursions were excellent, fun and easily arranged. The Sanctuary website was clear, accurate, and we used it extensively as we planned our trip.

Thank to the owners of Sanctuary for a truly unique and incredible vision and for helping us to make our retreat a truly memorable and transformative experience for our retreat participants. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends