“A truly unique and special experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabuya
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
Chappaqua, New York
“A truly unique and special experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was perhaps the best vacation I have ever taken. I travel a lot and have found myself caught up in the doing of things. See this....see that.... This vacation was totally different. Firstly, I did not go on a group retreat. I went all by myself and was very comfortable with that.I was in Eden: a serene, tranquil retreat with beautiful private waterfalls. I had never practiced yoga previously and was concerned as I'm a little older and with arthritis I wasn't sure I could master all of the positions. Every morning, I had a yoga class that was tailored to me. The food was fabulous and although I have eaten more than I ever have in my life, I did not gain weight. I was offered trips off of the grounds, but found myself wanting to stay and swim under the waterfalls, hike to the mountain top to watch the sunrise, and gawk and photograph the amazing howler and white faced monkeys. I had a lot of emotional issues before coming: family, work etc. but found this so restorative and left with a huge smile. Hospitality, beauty....it's all here in the jungle. One last thing- Max taught me the ukele and I just bought one and am having a blast with it. Jeff, thanks for all. It was truly amazing.

Room Tip: I was in the treehouse with the big king bed. Just lovely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is amazing! I spent a week here for a retreat and my experience was perfection. From the accommodations, to the delicious healthy food, friendly staff, beautiful surroundings I could not have asked for a better time. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is like living in paradise. I felt like I was in the movie Avatar...from the beautiful waterfalls, hikes, outdoor open living accommodations, local surfing, wildlife (literally cute little monkeys swinging in the trees right outside our treehouse), I did not want to go home. The yoga pagoda is gorgeous and serene and the pool is awesome. I highly recommend taking a trip here...I will be back very soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Sanctuary at Two Rivers was an amazing time! So special and one of kind healthy, inspirational and relaxing experience. The best retreat, I have ever been to which have included many! Beautiful tree houses (breathtaking waking up and going to sleep looking out at jungle!), five star organic meals (photos taken by everyone of Marcella's masterpieces before being devoured!), wonderful yoga (Jasper was the best each morning!) and awesome surfing Richard and Elijah, so cool and nice getting me up!). Jeff and Perrey, the owners were incredible to get to know and learn about the time and detail they dedicated to the building of the Sanctuary. Respecting and adding to the growth of the environment, along with hiring local workers to help bring their dream to fruition. I am so fortunate to have experienced their dream firsthand and hope you will too sometime in 2013 - whether alone, with your significant other or good friends!

1 Thank bandit4564
Mountain View, CA
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place is amazing. I've been on vacation in a lot of great places, and this is one of the very best experiences I have had. The accommodation is outstanding quality given its remote location in the jungle. The hospitality and care of the owners and staff is unsurpassed, and the food is healthy and delicious. Every meal is like eating at a top restaurant. I am recommending this place to everyone I know. It was a great place to go to relax and rejuvenate and also to improve my surfing skills.

1 Thank InnerTraveler
Newport Beach, California, United States
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Wow! What a magical place to disconnect from life in the fast lane and reconnect with nature and special people. From the hike through jungle rivers on the property, to the lush tree canopy surroundings, yoga pagoda, and gorgeous tree houses, this is one of the best get-a-way experiences ever. We enjoyed gourmet vegan and vegetarian meals, massages, waterfalls, swimming in the pool, and an abundance of wildlife. Thank you Jeff for being so easy to work with and coordinating all the details for our YAS Yoga an Surfing retreat! To sum it up....perfect!

Room Tip: The rooms are all screened in "eco tree houses" with hardwood floors and luxury outdoor ga...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is a peaceful haven for all yogis to connect with nature and attain mindfulness. Nestled in a beautiful lush jungle is an impressive, spacious, and modern designed Yoga Pagoda. As a yoga studio student, advisor, and yogi of 12 years, the Yoga Pagoda is the perfect place to help students deepen their practice. The eco-friendly and private. luxury-designed treehouses are a comfortable base to unwind from the day’s activities, such as waterfall hikes or surfing at a close gorgeous beach. One important aspect of my life as a restaurant owner is food. The Sanctuary has a gourmet chef on site who cooks 3 flavorful and delicious vegetarian (vegan available) meals a day, using all organic and locally grown vegetables. This is such a treat and complementary to the healthy mind and body that is attained while visiting. Return to your lives from the Sanctuary at Two Rivers feeling rejuvenated and ready to live your life in control and gratitude. Namaste.”

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It is truly a magical place for rejuvenating, reconnecting, healing, exploration and fun! The artful vegetarian and vegan dishes are splendid. The river and waterfalls are worth the trip alone. Jeff and Perry are great hosts and one can definitely see the love and passion they have put into The Sanctuary. Not to be missed!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabuya
Hotel Celaje
#3 of 18 in Montezuma
Ylang Ylang Beach Resort
Ylang Ylang Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Montezuma

Been to The Sanctuary at Two Rivers? Share your experiences!