“Fabulous Pizza, Fabulous Jenny!”
Review of Cafe Coyote

Cafe Coyote
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Cabuya
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We absolutely love this place and eat here or order take out at least every other day while we stay in Cabuya. The pizza, food and fruit shakes are fantastic but best of all is the owner Jenny. Just knowing she is there in town to help us with anything that might come up makes me feel really comfortable about being in a place where I don't know the ropes. When my husband fell off his bike and needed to find a doctor the first person we called was Jenny. It was after hours and she contacted her cousin, a doctor, who was waiting for Ian at the clinic. If you stay in Cabuya follow the signs at the main intersection and make your first stop one at Cafe Coyote. Jenny will make you feel right at home with a fabulous well priced home cooked meal and deliver great tips about the area. Jenny, we love you!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My personal favorite spot of my Costa Rican trip. First off, this is a mom and pop place, and the whole family is amazing! Jenny, the owner, was one of the kindest and most helpful person we met on the trip! She could take care of everything: renting a car, renting a bike, hooking you up with fishing gear, boards, anything! She also help us improve our Spanish! Her cooking was amazing, we had the best meals. From beans and rice to fresh fish or even pizza. And she also makes terrific drinks (ask for the Coyote cafe margarita) and shakes.

The property is very clean and well managed, the whole area is opened air with tons of fruit trees and flowers. The restaurant has plenty of space for big groups, and a terrific table, under a big tree, for a more intimate dining experience. I also loved Cabuya, it's a beautiful, quite spot to be, with tones of wild life and nice beaches if you know where to go. The local residents are also very nice. Another good thing to note is it's halfway between Santa-Theresa and Montezuma, both towns are only 15 minutes away by the mountain road. They also offer some accommodations if you ask, we stayed in a very cool cabinas set away from the restaurant, so it was nice and quiet.

couldn't do this review without mentioning Pollo, Jenny's husband, one of the funniest and nicest person we met and a great story teller. He is incredibly knowledgeable about Costa Rica, wildlife and fauna. He invited us to walk his property one evening and it was amazing! He runs a shuttle operation and can get you anywhere for the best price.

All and all it was such an amazing time when we were down there.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I visited Cabuya in June and Cafe Coyote is lovely. The food is delicious, and the family is very friendly. If you have any questions about Cabuya or even the Nicoya peninsula come here. They will try to help you with just about anything. They do car rentals, and if you need fishing rods, surf boards, boogie boards, bikes, you name it they will find it for you. The husband also runs a shuttle bus service throughout most of Costa Rica so it's very convenient. I think they offer tours too! And have some accommodations available as the owner manages properties as well.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The open air environment is refreshing and offers both space for large groups and areas for more intimate dining. The food is fresh, meals are prepared as orderred , with high quality products, are delicious and the presentation is lovely. The owners, Jenny and Pollo are two of the nicest human beings that I have ever met. They, as well as their college age children , speak English as well as Spanish. They have indepth knowledge of the area and can help you to arrange just about anything at very fair / competitive prices through the network they spend time and effort maintaining. I suggest you try it. I will definitely return.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We spent two months in Cabuya, January and February 2014. Jenny, the owner of Café Coyote, is amazing. She is so very friendly, is an amazing cook and she constantly wanted to help us to make our stay perfect. My three kids, husband and I always loved whatever she prepared - smoothies, desserts, pizza, fish, salad... ooh the salad dressing. Jenny even gave me the recipe. Jenny also regularly ordered our fruits and veggies from the truck which was much cheaper than what we would have paid. In addition, Jenny offers excursions and was able to get the best price. If in Cabuya, drop by for a meal. You'll be glad you had such delicious food and happy you met such a kind and vibrant person.

1  Thank dreamersns