“Best Food in the Nicoya Peninsula” 5 of 5 stars

Soda marvin
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Cabuya
Cuisines: Costa Rican, South American, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a local restaurant thst is attached to the owner's residence. It is mint green, across the street from super david mercado, with the coca cola sighs,
Hamilton, Canada
“Best Food in the Nicoya Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

After some 15 visits over 23 days, I offer an unqualified excellent to this wonderful family restaurant. The level of sophistication of the menu and the meal presentation was far above expectation on every occasion. The fresh fish was always served just cooked and delicately seasoned.

3 Thank 437michael

Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing special, overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We went to this soda based on reviews on TripAdvisor.
My husband ordered fish fajitas, and he enjoyed it, I ordered whole fish with salad, I was served big plate of salad with some fish. I guess the girl who took my order misunderstood me. I also ordered smoothie with mango and papaya when it arrived it was just papaya. I did not complain because the girl was unhappy to be taking our orders to begin with. The quality of food was good. Our bill came to 12 thousand colones which is a bit high for the stuff we ordered. I saw the daughter put some of the money inside her bra right in front of us. I was thinking she added extra amount to our total so she can pocket it to herself. How odd? Very strange. This put sour taste to my mouth.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Shapleigh, Maine
“Wonderful little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Honestly this is the best food I had in Cabuya and all of Costa Rica! Wonderful owners, sweet and so gracious. I had so much wonderful food I took half of it home for the next meal! Check out the photo of what I had!

1 Thank Rosieridge
Halifax, Canada
“Friendly family run restaurant with authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

What a great experience, my favourite was the fish tacos. Small family run outdoor place, authentic tico experience. The family and owner were so friendly. The owner even gave us each a dish of his own ceviche, which I had never had before because I was afraid to eat it being raw fish and all, but it was fresh and flavourful.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank AnnafromCanada
Ithaca, New York
“5 stars of delicious, under a thatched roof”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an excellent little restaurant. Marvin and his wife are excellent chefs and serve food that is wonderfully displayed and delicious! The portions are generous and thought/finesse is put into each meal! We love the fish fajitas, but everything is wonderful! I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Kaelias