“Lovely stay 10 mins from Ubud centre”
Review of Villa Areklo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pejeng
Villa Areklo
Perth, Australia
“Lovely stay 10 mins from Ubud centre”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice in the last three years and it has a lovely chilled vibe. However there has been construction work which has blocked out the beautiful view of the rice paddies they once had :(. Still a lovely location and very affordable with great on site restaurant. However the only alcohol they serve there is bintang but, they offer many fresh juice and soft drink options. Great for family holiday.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 14, 2013

It's a little bit far from the main center of Ubud, but the stuff provides free shuttle service any time and will bring you and pick you up anywhere you like in Ubud(until 10p.m.). We stayed in a house for a week and I change in a room for another week on my own.
The whole place is very clean, great atmosphere, but it`s true, it's just beside the rice fields and you shouldn't mind frogs or geckos that will be in the rooms sometimes. They also make noises.
The food was lovely, not a big menu and we did get a cappuccino anytime we asked. The stuff was so nice and friendly and I can only highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank stephaniqueh
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We actually enjoyed a lot this hotel, sure it is a bit out of Ubud center, however the hotel shuttle works pretty fine, always available within the working time. We got a great room to start and then were upgraded for an even better one. No complains, great comfort, great pool with this amazing surroundings! Sure a lot of frogs/chickens etc noise in the morning,ants everywhere, but we're in the middle of jungle, what to expect.
We got offered a very nice dinner at the hotel! Great staff, always available to any requests!
Would definetelly return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnaRitaBras
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After check in, I checked the reviews of here and was surprised at someone's experiences. So I spent one day to observe if these would happen. (just for my curiosity). I'm very impressed by the nice and hospitable owner Andre. After a exhausting day, he provided many useful advices how to visit Ubud, and free transportation to downtown! That saved us much time and money so I felt satisfied with him.

BUT always some problems. There was no hot water when I took a shower. And "Oh, it's it" came to my mind. Secondly, I was bited by many mosquitos because of the unsealed gap of door. Finally, the female owner who totally doesn't have hospitality also impressed me. I don't know her real function for this villa. She looked at all guests without smile, and always could't keep her eyes away from her laptop. I'm not sure if we're welcome here.

My experience is not so bad anyway, but only for your information.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lindalove70
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I questioned the owner about the bad reviews I stumbled across before our stay. He assured me that everything was fine and told me that you always get those few people that always complain about everything and they are generally not happy with their whole life..
This accommodation looks nice and the staff is friendly too, however none of the rooms are sealed properly (big gaps above windows and doors) which allows free access to mosquitoes, ants, geckos, etc. due to very high level of humidity we found mouldy pillows, were unable to use the mosquito net as it was mouldy too, towels can smell mouldy, a/c broke down after first night and didn't get repaired even though owner promised to, no cupboards (we lived out of our suitcases), toilet and towel rail was loosely fitted, no TV channels, very bad Wi-Fi connection, kitchen was dirty and messy in the mornings, etc.; unable to list it all. Definitely not a 4 star and totally overprized. We had to change accommodation half way through and owner let us go without having to pay at least. It was very stressful, uncomfortable and most of all extremely disappointing. We booked through asiarooms.com, they were not interested in disclosing our review and were not willing to investigate the star rating for Indigo Tree (former Villa Areklo) and false advertising, which obviously tells us that we can't trust any of their disclosed information.

Room Tip: Luxury Suite is not so luxury after all.. :( Not even half of the listed facilities advertised were...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank DeniseDe2001
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The place was impossible to find, no signs anywhere. We booked Indigo tree, which is apparently the same as Areklo villa. Our villa was nicely decorated, but very unpractical. Stairs up to the rooms, one without aircon!, were difficult to take but the only bathroom was downstairs! Indeed there were ants, no hot water and no soap. The downstairs area was pretty useless as well, better sit in the communal area with comfy couch and wifi. To get into Ubud, it's quite a ride; we did have the pick up and drop off service, but it's just kindof a hassle. Staff was friendly, but I wouldn't recommend this place. Definitely not four stars!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank annaengel1053
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Villa Areklo with our two young children earlier this year. The two bedroom room we had was upstairs and we were pleasantly surprised at the size - it was very large. The location might appeal to some given the peace and tranquility compared to other parts of Ubud and the pool was lovely. On the downside, we weren't that impressed with the cleanliness - the bath in the bathroom was enormous but we didn't use it as it looked dirty and mouldy. We had a little balcony with some outdoor furniture but that, too, was far too dirty to use. Also, the windows did not shut properly, which meant that we could not keep mosquitos and bugs out. The bedding was also fairly average, and there was no soap etc. Overall, I felt the room was overpriced for what it offered and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wattofamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pejeng
Alaya Resort Ubud
#172 of 542 in Ubud
Betutu Bali Villas
Betutu Bali Villas
#134 of 538 in Ubud

Been to Villa Areklo? Share your experiences!