Grand Resort
$132
$147
$128
  • Breakfast included
Honeywood Holiday Homes Hotel(Mahabaleshwar)(Great Value!)
$60
Sunny International(Mahabaleshwar)
$87
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming pooltree canopytable tennisgiant squirrelmagic showvalue for moneymain marketlush green surroundingsserene placefood buffetaway from the hustle and bustlecity lifebathrooms were cleanplace to stayplaying areanon vegsurrounded by trees
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travelled with my wife to Mahabaleshwar one weekend and decided to stay in this resort (was suggested by my friend). The best part about this resort was that it is situated approx 1 km from the main market. The rustic feel and the woods around strikes a chord and as soon as I entered the gates, I really liked this place. As I was there in August 2013, it was foggy and the greenery around impressed me. It makes you feel that you are in the forest, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

The room I stayed in was Grand Woods and it was good. I won't say it as top quality as there were few glitches like phone was disconnected and the room looked a bit old, but it really had this rustic house-in-the-woods feel. Bathroom was clean, blankets were warm and things like cupboard, dbl bed, table, chair, sofa, dressing table and TV were there.

As meals were included in the package, I got homely veg food (brkfast/lunch/eve tea/dinner) there, which was not over the top, but yes definitely good.You also get ample space for parking if you are travelling by your own vehicle.

*The prices are on a higher side during peak season (Apr-Jun) and long weekends. Avoid booking through agents and ring the reception directly.

Overall I was pretty satisfied.

Room Tip: Stayed in Grand Woods room, which was spacious yet cosy. The management can work wonders if they maintain the rooms in a better way. But pretty satisfied due to the surroundings, location and layout of the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ankit_Biswas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had visited this Resort during monsoon and booked Cottage and one thing I can tell that one who loves nature must visit this place once.I have been a regular visitor to Mahabaleshwar during Monsoon only.

I was there for 2 Nights with my Family. We enjoyed the natural surroundings around the Resort and especially the cottage we lived in. Food Served was good and the way staff treats guests is admirable. We were lone guests ( might be because of off season ) but were treated very nicely .The food was prepared specially for us only and that too on time as mentioned.My family enjoyed every moment at Resort and my Son just does not wanted to go out of resort.Only issue was that Hot Water availability but the same was compensated by providing hot water separately by the Staff.

The location is exactly 1km from the main market towards Madhusagar Factory Shop. Having own vehicle is an advantage. Food is Good , Staff is courtageous , Some Children recreational activities are there like Swimming , Carrom , Pool etc. Didn't use the Spa in the vicinity since it was closed.

Room Tip: Grandwood Cottage are good and are NON-A/C. During Monsoon Preferable location.Go for Room booking with all meals option.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HSJ_Pune
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had booked this hotel based on good reviews on internet and rating by other travel sites like tripadvisor, yatra etc.

But once we reached there - room was pretty average , it was not a clean room. Sheets were smelly almost felt like puking. Reception guy was good to offer other rooms. But when we looked at them , other rooms looked more horrible with no ventilations/windows.

All in all - management can do better with cleaning then the place would be fine. With current situation would not recommend

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank why_1234
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have been at Grand resort for 2 times since last year. And found very good resort to spend our weekends/holidays.
Rooms - good and comfortable, (especially grandwood cottage)… Food – very good… Staff – very co-operative, the way they will treat you is really really good… Garden/lawn – pleasant, you feel that you are with nature…
If you are thinking to spend your trip with family; must go for this resort.

We think no area for improvement; everything is on its correct place. Surely Best place to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vilas09
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The property is situated near the market but still is isolated for the crowd.

Rooms are well maintained and staff is co-operative.
Food quality was excellent.
We arrived late due to our vehicle issues and regret that we missed a chance to stay at this wonderful place.

Regards,