I had visited the resort along with my wife to relax during the new year eve holiday. Overall the stay was very pleasant.
1) Location - its very serene and calm located amidst forest and greenery, the internal gardens do not look out of place. 15 min walkable distance to the market (city center)
2) Rooms - We stayed in deluxe room. Rooms are clean and spacious enough for 2 people, however the infrastructure is slightly old and you will not get the swanky posh hotel room if you are looking for one. You may try the costly ones, probably the rooms are more posh there.
3) Facilities - nice clean swimming pool, plenty of games and swings to keep you occupied and relaxed, clean & spacious bedrooms, TV with DTH, plenty of open space so you don't feel cramped because of other people. (I was with my wife and we could sit in the garden and talk peacefully without being intruded or overheard given that the resort was full)
4) Staff - Unobtrusive and warm staff, they will inform you about the facilities and the charges they provide, what all is included in your room rent and what you have to pay separately. There is no in your face service or calls of room service (like in other hotels), you call them up to clean your room, they will come anytime.
5) Food - All 3 meals were included in our room rent and the food was good and hygenic. I think they take special orders also but we were very contented with the buffet.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Mahabaleshwar