All reviews hot water market area value for money nice hotel rooms are clean booked this hotel uttapam early check food quality swimming pool tea coffee pure veg courteous staff bathtub climate
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went there in the 1st week of June with my family. The hotel was very close to the market. I opted for an Executice AC Room. The Climate was so pleasant and cold that you don't need an AC room at that season but I dint knew that. Though the location is good but dont ever opt for their food package. The hotel has a veg restaurant and the food is pathetic but they do serve you non-veg food in the room itself though choice will be less. The staffs were very good. Services were very good. Mahabaleshwar wont disappoint u though. Have a Happy Stay!!!!!!

Room tip: No need to opt for an AC Room at this season. The Climate is Mahabaleshwar doesnot requires it :)
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank anamikasaha56
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have visited J's Excellency in the month of May 2014. This hotel was formerly known as Kalpana excellency. The infrastructure is very good along with its location. But the main soul for any hotel which we want to remember is its hospitality. The staff does not know even basic sense of hospitality manners, the food quality served is pathetic. Please carry plenty of petty cash with you since this guys will charge each time if you order food through reception. for example even if you order for Tea in morning they will ask you to pay 15 bucks on the spot. This is unusual for me since i order food through canteen reception and pay all the bills at the time of checkout. I believe
this hotel can become one of the best out in the city but the staff selected do not match to the standards in hotel industry. Please do not take room with food as food is horrible. If you have plenty of petty cash and just need good room to sleep and watch tv go for this hotel. Thanks for reading my review.

Room tip: Any room will do, nothing new in each of there room.
3  Thank Mayur671
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was here with my wife during last week of April.
The hotel is close to market and bus stand.
I opted for Deluxe room w/o AC. It was good and due to the climate of Mahabaleshwar I didn't feel the heat.
Food was OK, not that great. So we tried at other restaurants in market.
Service was good and prompt.
Hygiene and cleanliness was maintained throughout my stay.
They even arranged cab for sightseeing, saving my efforts to go to taxi stand and do it.
Lift was not working for couple of days.
Quite good for budget stay.

Room tip: Try and bag a deal from goibibo.com for this hotel. I got it dirt cheap with difference of around 20% than actual.
Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 night, 4 days in this may'14. I had not prebooked any hotel & decided to look close tho the market & came across hotel J's Excellency. Though very close to market area & offering good facilties. It was very reasonabley priced. Room & services was good. The management & staff are also very helpful. Food quality is execllent. Its like our home food. This hotel best for couple & family.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

In general, I find hotels in Mahabaleshwar overpriced especially during season time with a mid-range property with average facilities charging anywhere from 4k-6k per night with breakfast. This time I had not pre-booked any hotel and decided to look close to the market and came across Hotel J's Excellency. Though very close to market area and offering good facilities, it was very reasonably priced and we decided to stay in their Super Deluxe room. Clean rooms and well maintained. Breakfast was basic but good and service provided by staff is very good. Hot water is available for limited time but that was definitely not a issue for us. Overall, a value for money stay at J's Excellency.

1  Thank Mesh_2409