“A great weekend gateway”

Mahabaleshwar Hill Station
Pune
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A great weekend gateway”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Mahabaleshwar is a great weekend gateway which is very near from some of the prominent cities in maharashtra. People were very helpful & place was damn safe even in night time. Its a great place for couples who want to have a quick escape to enjoy the solitude.

Visited September 2012

mumbai
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Cool getaway and lovely rain”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

One of the nicest hill stations within a 4 hour drive from Mumbai - via Mumbai Pune Expressway and turn off at Wai. At any time of the year it is enjoyable - monsoon has its own charm if you like the rain, and in winter it is just amazing! It is now getting very crowded and too commercialised - not a quiet hill station especially in the city centre and the lake side. But then it has many quaint small hotels where you can just put your feet up and relax with a book and a drink!

Visited December 2011
Pune, Maharashtra, India
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Official LOOT MAR”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have visited mahabaleshwar on 16-18 August and experience was very bitter. Huge money scam is happening here with involvement of Govt. officials. Tourist visiting here for enjoyment so simply ingores these issues. Mahabaleshar Municipal, gram panchayat and forest department together looting tourists.

When I enter into Mahabaleshwar, I paid Municipal Pollution Tax Rs. 150 at a booth near Venna lake . The official told me that you dont need to pay anything anywhere in mahabaleshwar. After just 100 mts when I parked my car for Venna lake siteseeing one person approached me for parking fee. Nowwhere it is mentioned about parking fee. The person refused to show me his identity card. When I asked him to come to office then he refused to come with me. Finally I did not pay him anything. At every point I was charged by forest department security people. Same experience here they were not ready to show identity cards. When I took photoes of their identity card then while returning from the point noone was present at the booth and all the vehicles are going without payment any tax. This clearly shows that those people were fake.

I do understand tourist need to pay tax towards maintanance of tourist destinations but should not be in such exobittent way. They should give clear idea to tourist where and how much tax they need to pay during siteseeing. This way could avoid tax going in wrong hands. I have images of all the malpractice happening at Mahabaleshwar and would definitly to Press for further actions. If anybody have similar experience then please join hand.

Ideal time to visit Mahabaleshwar is October onwards but those who want to enjoy misty,rainty environment then rainly reason is also good. Its a mix tourist destination...Old temples(Mahabaleshwar temple, Panchaganga temple), various points overlooking vally's, boating at Venna lake and traditional market of arts/crafts, mapro garden, strawberrys. I really enjoyed my stay and visits to Mahabaleshwar.

2 Thank TatyaVinchu
Surat, India
“Romentic Environment in Monsoon”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Mahabaleshwar was very romentic environment in Monsoon season. i am very enjoyed my holidays to there & it is also very memorable moments that i spend in Mahabaleshwar. also we see the beautiful nature to way of Mahabaleshwar.I am really Happy from this Tour.

mumbai india
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“in the lap of nature”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Go there in the summers & winters , as the weather is more convienient to roam & visit new places , we have been there in all seasons , this was the first time in rains , we could not go out much as it was raining all throughout , but for visitors who come to mumbai or pune & need a quick 2 days break , this is the place to go with family and freinds ,believe me u will love this place & come again as we did !!!!! god bless u