“It's Almost There!”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
“It's Almost There!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Full marks, But Almost!

Perfect location, Variety in Food Menu on a daily basis, courteous staff, packed with daily entertainment options in the evening! The best hotel to get away in Mahabaleshwar.

I take those few marks away as the hotel requires much better maintenance at the children's play area, the outdoors require repairs from cracks/breakages which can be noticed very easily and the new years party, could have definitely been way better!

Handy Tip - Look for Vinayak at the Hotel Restaurant, He Will help you with every possible munch!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
EvershineAKeysResort, General Manager at Evershine Keys Prima Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

To be reviewed by you as the "we are almost there " means a lot to me and my team – and encourages us try and actually be there,
It is always our endeavor to create magical experiences for guests at the KEYS, which is not just about the stay, but also about complete family experience.
Many of our guests have threatened to kidnap our staff which include Vinayak whom you praised and take them away ! Yes, under the guidance of Executive Chef Yagya, we do manage some amazing cuisine and I am glad that you enjoyed your meals with us. Our Chefs going and interacting with guests on the table shows our commitment in providing that personalized service.

We do hope that we will have you back with us for a longer stay the next time so that you can experience some of the unique activities that we offer..

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review - it is much appreciated.
We do look forward to having you back with us for another wonderful KEYS experience.
With my good wishes for a wonderful 2014.

Manoj Verma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Reviewed January 6, 2014

well i went to celebrate my new year in evershine mahabaleshber and the experience was amazing the food , decorations were really nice i really had a very fun new year.

the party was soooo full of life it was an unforgettable experience for mee. the games, dances all was very good.

Am looking forward to visit there again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind appreciation on your KEYS experience. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable New Year’s Eve celebration with us.

We have become rather popular with family wanting to get away from it all and spend a special occasion with us. I guess it is the calm, peace, space and privacy - all of which go towards creating the ideal setting. In addition, the caring staff adds to the charm of the experience.

We do look forward to having both of you back with us in the not too distant future.

With my good wishes for a wonderful 2014.

Jaipur, India
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We checked about keys through tripadvisor and the review here were nice. So, our family booked the stay package for New year's celebration for our family. And it was as nice as the review we read here.
All 3 families enjoyed the stay at resort. The rooms were really nice and liked the poolside view, food was amazing. My brother and I spent most of the time enjoying games at Indoor game area and the outdoor games arranged by resort.
Usually New Years is all about partying, dancing and food and beverages. But at keys we enjoyed everyday. My parents and uncles and aunts joined dance workshop. It was a surprise to see them dance so well and enjoying their time together. I loved the treasure hunt it was fun with family. My team stood third but we won musical chair. But it was fun with family which made it worth.
We enjoyed the New Year's party even more. The ambience, décor, music and food everything was A-class. It was a worthwhile trip and even better experience than that. We will look forward to our stay at Keys whenever we are at Mahabaleshwar.

Dear Guest,

I am personally delighted to read your very detailed review on your recent KEYS experience. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experience with a wider audience and for your kind words.

For me, it is not just about 'selling' a room but complete family experience to our guests.
I am also grateful to you for your very kind appreciation of my team at the resort. It is after all they, who have made KEYS what it is today and I will certainly share your review with them, which they will be as delighted to read.
Yes, we at the Resort we offer our guests unique activities and entertainment that other hotels are unable to. I am glad you enjoyed most of them.
As you rightly said, it is fun with your family that made it worth a stay and I am so glad we were able to do contribute towards this. The sort of space, calm and privacy we offer would certainly not have been possible if we were a city hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It is costliest hotel that charges Rs50,000/- a day for a suit and Rs 17,000/-. Looking to the terriff, the amenities provided in the room are grossly insufficient. They have not provided any cookies, fruit basket, slippers, comb and toiletieries. Even they do not have D2H or Tata Sky net work and depend upon local old styled cable with distorted signals. Even they charge for Wi-Fi, which is so common services now a days that even Mc Donald or smaller cafeteria, hotels provide free of charge. The terriff include breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is admitted by the supervisory staff that 75% guest do not take lunch. Even then the management is so greedy that they charge for mineral bottle if consumed during breakfast/ lunch or dinner. There is no snacks available at tea time.
Coming to food quality, it is very ordinary. They do not take care of special needs of an elite guest living in a suit what to say about a normal guest. I was provided Non-garlic, Non Onion food with great difficulty.
Generally with such terriff, some compliomentary services are provided in other reputed hotels and resorts but here even basic requirements are not taken care of.
As to the quality of rooms, I can say that in the suit and rooms we occoupied, there was leakage of water which was repaired after a gap of 10-12 hours. The electric cattle was not functional.
I think, it would be sufficient to understand the pitiable conditionof a guest in this hotel.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel
2 Thank suren1953
EvershineAKeysResort, General Manager at Evershine Keys Prima Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to apologize for any shortfalls that you experienced whilst at the Resort and for any negative impact this had on the overall enjoyment of your stay. KEYS EVERSHINE benefits from a high level of returning guests due to the high standards that we usually achieve and previous posts are testimony to the same. I have discussed your comments with key managers and take this opportunity to address the issues.

The fact is that for Jain food we do not have in the buffet and has to be served a la carte from the kitchen. You will appreciate that any a la carte service does take a little time. Since all our food is made absolutely fresh, it takes about 20 minutes for preparation and another 5 odd minutes for delivery from the time a guest orders. This is what it took for your order too.

I have also checked our log report of the House Keeping Department / Room Service and there was full range of toiletries and other guest amenities placed in your room as per the our standard service design.
Of course you personally did not stay in a suite but standard rooms wherein the bathroom amenities are limited. However I have checked the log book wherein you have requested for slippers and which were delivered by you.
Shower leakage was an unfortunate incident, which happened for the first time in 3 years. Yes, we do admit this took some time for us to get this rectified. For this eventuality and we had to quickly send a staff to the Satara which is about 50 km from here to get the spares. I do regret this inconvenience and delay.

All meals deal -You will appreciate that we billed you according to the charges which were offered and agreed to by you. However, you wanted to heavily re-negotiate the entire package and your re-calculation was not acceptable to us and this seems to be major reason for your dissonance. .
I have done a complete check with each of your requests made to House Keeping / Room Service and Guest Service Centre and they were all attended promptly. Poor service as reiterated by you so very strongly and while it is regrettable that we fell short, it is necessary to get your comments in correct perspective. Normally, when the food quality is bad, as you have made it out to be, it is brought to our F & B Manager or Chef’s notice who are always present in the restaurant and. In your case, you did not point out this to anyone. Abhijit who served you on both days has mentioned that all that was served was consumed and that you even asked for second helpings, without any complaints at that time. As a standard practice, whenever a guest has an issue with our food, we always get Chef Yagya or Chef Dubey to immediately meet the guest and find out. Neither of them was called out, as you did not express any issue on the food quality at the time it was served to you. I will also like to bring to your attention 5 reviews below yours on quality of food by guests who had stayed during the same dates as yours.

Further, I am not willing to accept your unfair remarks that “you understand the pitiable condition of other guests”. Such kinds of statements are surely uncalled for. All 300 plus excellent' reviews before you cannot be wrong. There were 83 rooms occupied during the dates you stayed with us and I have read all their comment forms where we have been graded Excellent or Very Good. It was the same food served to them and the same staff looking after them, as was for you. I do wonder how we could go so wrong just with you.

Your statement that that we are greedy to charge you for mineral water bottles and evening tea is an absolutely prejudiced comment. We have provided 4 complimentary water bottles in the suite replaceable on daily basis and 2 in the standard room. Providing more mineral water is really not a financial consideration and does not need too much of a thought if you had asked this to be made complimentary.

The Resort is today positioned where it is, primarily because of the care and thought that my team and I put in for the stay of each and every guest with us. Most of the 300 odd reviews on Trip Advisor will certify this.

We are in a Mahabaleshwar where internet and Wi-Fi charges are high and usage is very less by our guests for us to offer complimentary. Other Keys hotels in the city do provide Wi-Fi complimentary and I believe they are better than Mc Donald.

The team did try to offer best what they can for you, as we do for each of our other guests, and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations and the 5 reviews below yours will be an indication of the standard of our service and cuisine.

I take Trip Advisor reviews very seriously and have personally replied to each of the 325 reviews posted about us. Constructive feedback from guests is always highly appreciated and we are the first ones to apologize and take corrective action immediately if things go wrong occasionally. At the same time, there is very little I can do about frivolous and unfair comments from guests, who have a right to their opinion

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our booking was done by a travel agent and I had specifically requested for this hotel after checking its rating. However, it was a disappointment from the time we stepped into the Hotel. The check-in took a lot of time...and there was no welcome drinks (sob sob). Only the rooms facing the central landscaping and pool get a good view, the other rooms though have balconies but without any use for the same. The furnishing etc is fancy, but needs better maintenance. Food was good. The highlight of this hotel is the beautiful landscaping done all around and the pool. So, this hotel is worth a stay provided one wants to enjoy some time inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Please do indicate rooms with view of the central pool, otherwise it is not value for money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anamica_Banerjee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay at KEYS and sharing it with a wider audience.

The positives first - I do appreciate your kind words about the ambience / food and our staff and am glad that all of it contributed to an over-all positive stay with us.

I am also grateful to you for pointing out some of our short-comings. Furnishing will be looked into as soon we are over with the winter months and it gets a bit warmer. Yes, there are some niggling issues in some rooms - we have been running very full since Nov, resulting in our being unable to address these. This is now scheduled after January 15th when the Resort gets a bit less busy.

We always inform all our guests at the inquiry stage about the view from the rooms they will get for their choice of rooms. We must have slipped up on this on our web site and I will have this changed immediately.

I must admit that I am a bit surprised and saddened with myself on reading your comments that you were disappointed the moment you stepped inside the resort. We take great pride in warmly welcoming our guests and the high service standards that we offer - quite obviously we might have slipped while you were checking in. I will personally discuss the matter with Front Office Manager to find out where we went wrong. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations, as we normally do get high scores for our check in experience.

Once again, I thank you for going into such detail, which gives me the opportunity to take immediate corrective action on the matters raised by you.

With my good wishes for a wonderful New Year
Reviewed December 30, 2013

One of the best places to stay in Mahabaleshwar, located only a few minutes walking distance from the market, with a very attractive heritage like look of the structure.
The check in was very fast as they had all the required documents ready.
A refreshing welcome drink was awaiting us .
The rooms were quite spacious and nicely done up. Small balconies are there for you to have your quite moments and enjoy your tea.
The restaurant is very spacious and the food taste & quality is top class.Breakfast , lunch & dinner are all equally top class.The spread has all the delicasis , with both veg and non veg dishes. Finally we have four types of Deserts which you cannot avoid.
All the staff is very co-operative and helpfull.
The pool is quite large and the water clean.
The garden has a good green top and all the lovely and colourfull flowers plants to add to its beauty.
A memorable holiday we had.

Room Tip: The executive delux rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
EvershineAKeysResort, General Manager at Evershine Keys Prima Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I must admit that ever since we opened just three years ago, this review is one of the most detailed one we have ever received. I do appreciate the time you have taken to share your wonderful experience at the KEYS with a wider audience.
I firmly believe that most travellers of today are looking for space and privacy - the luxuries of the future - and no longer for the glitz and glamour which the 100 plus room hotels in crowded and noisy city centers provide.

Thank you very much for your detailed insight of the Resort and your appreciation of what we offer. I am so glad that you had a great time.

Yes, the Resort is few minutes’ walk from the local market and yet nestled in a tranquil and calm environment.
Thank you for all your kind words about your check in experience, rooms, the cuisine and our service. As you correctly mention, we have a large pool and an award winning horticulture to boast of. Hygiene and upkeep is something where we consider up self-miles ahead of other hotels in Mahabaleshwar.

Thank you also for your appreciation of food and our Chef who continue to surprise our guests with high-quality cuisine in our 'rural' surroundings.
The team and I follow a very simple motto of service here - just be yourself. We have no pretense of total perfection nor over the top attention to guests, which actually can be an irritant for many of today’s travelers. We give our guests their space and yet are always there for them - like you, many of them appreciate this.
Thank you also for your kind words about our team in the kitchen and the service staff, which I shall pass on to them.
With all good wishes for a fulfilling 2014.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were on our honeymoon trip to Mahabaleshwar and actually stayed at Citrus Chambers (one of the excellent resorts here).

However during my research on hotels before travel - I came across Evershine Resort and had read that its wood fired pizzas are awesome. They have a charming open air restaurant that serves Mediterranean and Italian cuisine such as the traditional wood fired pizzas, and a range of pasta and desserts.

Hence I and my wife Sana actually made a point to walk up to the nearby located Evershine Resort from Citrus Chambers for having our dinner on their poolside pizzeria.

We went in the morning to have a look at their pizza menu and booked the order in advance. We were delighted when we were informed by the pizzeria staff that we will also be receiving a discount of 50% on the bill !!!

Our experience :-

As soon as we reached Evershine - Poolside Pizzeria in the evening, their pizza chef invited us to walk into their kitchen to have a look at how the pizza that we had ordered was being traditionally baked in their wood fired oven. It was one of the most amazing experience for us.

They had setup a candlelight dinner table for me and my wife.

The most unique thing was their remarkable service. After serving the first round of pizza, the rest of the portion was again kept in the oven to remain hot.

The pizza that we had was one of the finest and far more remarkable in terms of its baking, ingredients quality and toppings presentation as compared to other large-scale pizza chains.

Really Evershine Poolside Pizzeria succeeded in tantalizing our taste buds with their exotic italian wood fired pizza.

Regards,
Shadab & Sana

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your delightful feedback on ‘Pizzeria”. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the unique dining experience that we strive to offer here through authentic Mediterranean cuisine and wood fired pizzas.

We are also grateful and happy that you would like to recommend us to others, and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.