“Family Hotel....”
Review of Suman raj Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
Suman raj Resort
Ranked #9 of 135 Mahabaleshwar B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had stayed in Suman Raj for 3 nights. The Location is very good. Just 5 Mins Walk to Vena Lake. And 2 Km from Market. The hotel staff is very helpful & cooperative. Food quality is very good & tasty. They have very good swimming pool with clean water & a small garden area for kids.. I stayed in Attic room. Which is on 1st floor. The room & toilet both very clean with modern facility’s. Room size was also big. I traveled with my 6 months old daughter & wife. And I felt very safe as the hotel was mostly accommodated with families.

Room Tip: For copule - go foe Attic Room & From family with kids - Go for Primier or cottage room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Imran M

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I usually dont do advance booking of hotel whenever I am travelling to Mahabaleshwar. And so was the case in this particular visit. After visiting a number of hotels which were either full or shabby I decided to drive down to Panchgani for a better bargain (I feel usually hotels in Panchgani offer a better value for money). Just when I exited Mahabaleshwar I saw this hotel just after Venna lake. I though to give it a try. I was really surprised with the quality of the room. It was a premiere room with a balcony and a swing. They offered it for somewhere around Rs 5000 which I think was little exorbitant. But nevertheless, the room was clean, and the service was very good. The staff was also friendly. I recommend everyone to at least give it a look because people usually miss this since they want to stay inside the town or close to the valley.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TimePassTraveler
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was driving down from Mumbai with my wife to Mahabaleshwar and we were to reach the destination by 6.00 PM. An unplanned detour to Raigad delayed our timing by 5 hours and there we were at 11 PM at Mahabaleshwar on a Saturday night.

As usual, i do book local hotels very rarely. Walking into hotels gave me chills and desp as most of them were fully booked or they had budget breaking suite rooms or bed bug rooms.
That's when i thought of going into this resort.

The staff was amazing and had a welcoming smile. They gave me a good bargain as i was staying on a weekend saturday through monday.

We got into a spic nd span tidy room with an amazing balcony. Wind is always towards, hence you'll always be fresh. Room was very big, cozy nd extremely comfortable.

One good thing is that they serve morning tea at your doorstep ONLY if you call for it. They won't disturb you. Good policy.. Liked it.

Breakfast had south indian as well as english as well as north indian dishes.

Superb experience.

Thanks to them for my sweet weekend out in Mahabaleshwar. I recommend this resort for all.

For honeymooners, try the "Palash Cottages"

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank doctor-indyeah
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was there with my parents and children and had a fabulous time. It was our first time at this hotel but I have decided to always stay at this hotel when I visit Mahabaleshwar. The Palash cottages had a beautiful view and were very comfortable with a big king size bed. The bathrooms were neat and clean with hot water running all the time. The room service was also the best and the room cleaning and change of linens was done on daily basis. Being only 2kms away from the main market it is very quite and peaceful. The food was excellent and the variety was wide. They served different variety of meals all the time. The view was excellent at night and is same as shown on the hotel's website.Overall the best value you can get for the money spent. I would recommend this place to one and all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This Hotel was Execellant to stay at even though we only stayed for 2days. THe staff were more than helpfull in everyway.
The Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners were more than we expected. The food was in abundunce and a lot of variety to choose from.
We didn't think there would be a Hotel like this in Mahableswar, clean, very mordern and in an with a fantastic location.
I would definately stay here again and would recommend this hotel to every one who expect 5star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

my parents have just visited this place. they had been there for pleasure trip and for relaxation. they had taken premier room wich has a balcony with a swing in it. the view from the room is amazing.
location: it is situated @ 2km fm the main market place and believe me this is an advantage. my parents were initially reluctant but it turned out to be the great to be away from the hustle of the town. its very close to venna lake (500 m). to go to market it costs 5rs in bus or 50 rs in private taxi per person
exterior: the hotel looks amazing at night when its lit up. the exterior is same as it looks in the pictutres on the website. hotel has been renovated 8-9 months back
interior: well furnished, having all basic facilities like tv with cable etc. bathrooms are very neat and clean and have hot water when you want. bed id nice big king size and confortable. they change linen daily.
food: we had gone on american plan(all meals included) and trust me you wont regret. they served bed tea, breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. the food was good. there was no repeatition of items. daily at dinner they had a speciality cook to cook meals. we tasted mexican, italian, punjabi, chinese food there and all tasted great (may not be very authentic but amazing taste)
cost: we got a good deal with some discount from the manager mr. suresh as it was off season
service: impecable ! they were more than helpful, the bells were answered immediately, the reception desk gave us tips for sight seeing and shopping.

Room Tip: choose premier room, on ground floor, with swing in the balcony facing garden area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Apart from great ambience and food, service is the priority when it comes to hospitality industry. They know the same and travellers would love that I assure.
Also the view from the hotel is scenic. Rooms are amazing, I would love to go back to this place.

Room Tip: Best rooms are 101 and 102, primeir class rooms with a best view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family