Neeta's Shanti Villa
Sunny International(Mahabaleshwar)
$87
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssofa cumpleasant tripopposite to bus standwithin reachsight seeingchaatspent nightsevening teavalue for moneygame zonevery nice place to staysupportive staffgood pointsplaying areahotel staffrooms are averageshort trip
Reviewed December 9, 2008

If you are a person who is looking for a 2 star hotel then do not read this review. This review is not suitable for you.

Package Details: "Premium AC Room with Jacuzzi'
Number of Nights: 1
Price: Rs. 3850
Food: Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Snacks, Dinner, Bed Tea

Since the price was on the little bit higher side, I assumed that the hotel would be nice. But I was in for a shock. The hotel was of poor quality. Do not be impressed by the photos that they have put in the website. The hotel looks nice in the night because then you would not be able to see the faults.

1. Hotel Room: The hotel room was only OK. I doubt if they wash the bedsheets after somebody stays in the hotel. I could see lots of stains on the bedsheets. Do not go near the windows because the curtains stink. The towels were resembling the door mats that I use. Since I had booked a premium room (and the room boys told me that it was one of the best rooms that they had) I had assumed that they would have atleast kept a small toothpaste. But they didnt and when I called up the room service to find out if they could help me, the answer I got was to go and search myself because all the shops would be closed. For someone who sleeps in a comfortable bed in the house, sleeping in the floor in the hotel would be much better than sleeping in their bed. In the website they had advertised that they have LCD TV. Only thing it was a small 21" LCD TV. They have access to local cable so you will not get majority of channels. Some of the channels that you have access are Ten Sports, HBO and NDTV Good times all with poor clarity in addition to the regular serials channels. The bathroom was clean but water was leaking from the jacuzzi. The hotel room is not soundproof so you can hear anybody talking outside the room and I saw some people washing clothes next to our room.

2. Check-In & Check-Out: The check in time is 9:00 AM but when I booked the room they told me check-in time as 10:00 AM. The check-out time is 8:00 AM. They do not give you an extension.

3. Hot Water: Only from 6:30 AM - 10: 30 AM. Hot water does not come continuously. It comes at a gap of 10 minutes, that too very feebly. Hot water started coming at 7:15 AM that too after many calls to the room service. How can you use the jacuzzi without hot water? The charges for the jacuzzi alone is Rs. 800 per day.

4. Food - This was the best thing. It was traditional food but it was good. We never got the bed tea. The only thing which was kind of OK was the tea. All the other food items were good.

I have stayed at better 3 star hotels. I will never go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ramyaramani
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We stayed here for three nights. They have duplex cottages, with two bedrooms, which was very comfortable for our family of four. The rooms were not the cleanest we've stayed in, but the staff is very accommodating. The package we had included all meals; they have buffets meals thrice a day, as well as snacks in the evening. The food is vegetarian, and EXTREMELY heavy and oily!
The owner is a very exuberant man, who tries to get everyone involved in all the games and activities organized around the hotel.
All in all, a pleasant stay if you're not too fussy about things. And if you're going to Mahabaleshwar, you MUST go see the sunset from Sunset Point; it's absolutely gorgeous!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank voyageuse815
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I had a very bad impression of Neeta travels and tours. But all that changed once i visited this place. i didnt had any prior booking just went as it was off-season. And i was really surprise to find such nice hotel by neeta and that too at affordable rates. You will find lot of variety of rooms. But it is a pure vegetarian hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family