“A memorable experience”
Review of White House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
White House
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Since I’m from Pune I travel to Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar quite often, twice or thrice a year. I discovered White House while I was looking for a place to stay there. I came across their website, found it quite impressive, but I wasn’t sure how it would turn out in reality. I’ve had some bad experiences before, where everything looks great on the website but when you reach the place the accommodation is something else and it ruins your holiday mood.
Anyway, fortunately that wasn’t the case with this place. I spoke to the owners directly, I think they do the booking themselves. They promised us good accommodation and service and we got all that and more.
The property itself is designed quite well, apparently by Hafeez Contractor. It’s a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on each side. I guess that way they can give one bungalow or both bungalows depending on our requirement. We were a big group of 4 couples and 6 children, we had taken both the bungalows, so we had the entire property to ourselves.
We could sit out in the open and enjoy the cool climate, the monsoons are over now so the nights were quite pleasant. They even have a barbeque which we used to barbeque our food and also to keep us warm J . It was one of the best experiences, the calm, the climate, the fountain, and of course the joy of being with family and friends, can’t wait to do it all again.
I would like to make a special note about the service, it was nothing short of excellent. It seems they are self trained, and have learnt from experience how to make sure that the customer doesn’t have any complaints.
It’s no surprise when I say I’m going to be a regular here, and would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank prakashjoshi775
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your generously positive review.
We really appreciate it.
We'll always be happy to have you over, and we hope it'll be soon.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Actually, I was trying to book this place for a while. I had seen this bungalow from outside on my visit to Mahabaleshwar once and loved it, but the last 2-3 times I called them it was always booked given its not a big hotel. Its a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on either side. So its quite good in a way as you get your peace and privacy. Anyway, this time I planned ahead and had the whole property pre-booked with the exact dates I wanted.
The accommodation was everything I had expected it to be, fully furnished well maintained rooms. But the service was better than I expected, very helpful and co-operative staff. The food was home-made and delicious, he could make good spicy food as per our request. Since he made the food as per our order, it worked out better for us as we also had a young one with us so it helped having the cook make simple khichdi etc. for him.
Good location, well maintained property, nice food, great service, thats what I look for in a property and this one ticked all the right places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank nishapato
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Madam,
Thank you so much for your positive review.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I found this bungalow online. Spoke to the owner directly. The bungalow was as he had explained to me. It’s maintained pretty well, and most importantly, clean.
It’s a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on each side. We had taken one bungalow since we are a family of four. We had our privacy. The bedrooms are just right and cozy. They’re furnished with LCD TV, small fridge in each bedroom and we had a good view too! :)
It’s got a garden area spread out around the bungalow and there is a beautiful fountain with colorful lights. It creates a nice atmosphere to sit out in the night, we had carried a portable music player, so it was perfect!
The house keeping and room service was very good, the food is home cooked and moderately priced, and I guess they allow delivery from other restaurants as well. The staff even heated up and served the food that we got from outside. So they’re quite co-operative.
I am definitely going there again and this time I’ll go with my extended family take both the bungalows, the entire property.... Definitely worth a try!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank chopramanu
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thanks a lot for your positive review. We really appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

On the weekend of 14/15th July 2012, we had been to Whitehouse and we thoroughly enjoyed being at Whitehouse. While we reached pretty late into the night, we did not have any issues in finding the place. We stayed for 2 nights and its a very good option if you are a large group, especially recommended if you are with family.

Bungalow is actually a twin 2 bedroom bungalow. Care taker and Cook stay on the premises. We had breakfast and on both days, we had excellent breakfast. We had our other meals outside.

Rooms and especially toilets were extremely clean. Inverter backup provided.

Ample of parking space within compound. We had 4 four wheeler's and all parked securely within.

One of the better options in Bungalows around Mahabaleshwar/Pachgani area.

While all the definite positives above, a few cons as well
No towels provided during the stay
No soaps for handwash/facewash provided

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank rkavthekar
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Sir,
First of all I'd like to thank you for your positive review, I really appreciate it.
I know we spoke after you posted the review and I've clarified this to you, but this explanation is only for our prospective guests.
We do provide towels and napkins during season periods.
We also provide small bath soaps, but we don't have anything specifically for handwash/facewash, but you are welcome to ask for extra soaps if you like.
Hope this helps.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

A perfect place to spend some great time with family and even friends. We booked the twin bungalows as we were there with extended family.

The property is well maintained and is a refreshing change from staying in top class resorts.It provides you with a home like environment and peace.

Vegetarian food is available, they have a cook who prepares decent veg food and breakfast. For Non-vegetarians there is the option of ordering food from nearby restaurants.

The property is absolutely value for money and is a good place to getaway for a quick break.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank sups

Thank you for your positive review.
It is highly appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahabaleshwar
Ravine Hotel
#16 of 53 in Mahabaleshwar
Panchgani Holiday Home
Panchgani Holiday Home
#9 of 15 in Panchgani

Been to White House? Share your experiences!