“Just a Decent place to stay, nothing great”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pratap Heritage

and 1 more site!
Pratap Heritage
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai
“Just a Decent place to stay, nothing great”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I booked this hotel through a Travel Agency for my Anniversary, as the pictures shown to me by the Travel Agency was awesome, but the actual hotel and the rooms were not even close to that.

Our Stay package here included the buffet breakfast and Dinner, wherein the food items were good and once you serve yourself and need something else you could get yourself served with whatever you need. But just in the next 2 days we noticed that a lot of items were being repeated and the strange thing was this hotel didn't have any seperate restaurant where we could order food by Menu.

Pros :
1) Service in the restaurant is good.
2) Closer to Market, so one can easily walk down to do some shopping.
3) Good for Vegetarians as this hotel only serves Vegetarian food.

Cons :
1) No Lift in the hotel.
2) Receptionist is not so helpful.
3) No extraordinary facilities in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I had heard some very good feedback of this hotel. However, on visinting the hotel found that the rooms were absolutely average. Lots of maintenance required.

There is no view from the hotel rooms and you cannot enjoy the scenic beauty around due to the location of the hotel.

Good indoor pool with a small area for children to play around. Did not try the food in the hotel though..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mahabaleshwar hotels

Reviewed May 4, 2010

Great place to stay though a little out of the way once you start walking from the place where night service buses leave..But taking an auto if loads of luggage is good...Else walk..After all you are on a trip and enjoyment is once you go around.
As soon as you reach you can have a nice breakfast arranged with nice dining area..Specially some statues on the wall..
Room quality is not exclusive but facilities are good..Solar powered water heater...Also u can opt for valley viewing Room which is partially hidden by the hotel just in front...Still a good view.....
Loads of strwberry vendors around and 10 min walk to mall road...

All and all good place to stay...

I rate it 8/10 on overall package...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I don't know why, my previous review was not uploaded on TA for same hotel???

Friends, this again to notify you all travelling to Mahabaleshwar. Please keep Pratap Heritage the very last option hotel for accomodation.

Its really*10 times weried, than what it shows in pics. Location of hotels seems so sidy like Dharavi, Mumbai.

I had booked on-line for LUXURY room with AC for 4N/5D for celebrating my MARRIAGE ANNI.

We checked in 1.00 PM and were alloted room no. 304, which in very congestated corner. AC was window-wala of old age and bathrooms had no proper latches on either side. Wooden frame of the bathroom door were broken in pieces. Not single extra plug to charge you mobile or laptop...either you charge your instruments or watch TV. There was no ventilations,except for one window, which cannot be opened and also of no use, because of garbage collection point and huts below the window. For cleanliness name it was zero. For toilets you need to use tumbler for cleaning your self, inspite of ENGLISH style comot.

I asked Manager at the receiption immdty. for room change, but said all rooms where full.

Same day in the evening me n my wife moved in market to check more hotels, which were far better than Pratap Hetritage. We opted to shift the nxt day. For our surprise, they denied any refund, stating it was against there policy. When I enquired abt the same in other hotels, they said, its wrong, as per rule of Hotel Assocation, hotel cannot design its own policy for refunds. They have to pay refund for remaining days or either make balanced adjustments. FOOD was also OK.

When I agrued, they then tried to convience me to accomodate me in other room, which they claimed to be full, when I checked in. For an option, I viewed other EXECUTIVE AC and EXECUTIVE AC with Jaccuzi room. NO WORTH. In a bathtub you have two pipes adjusted to increase the water force. That is what they call JACCUZI. I denied and any how I managed to get one day refund. Before checking-out they called me thrice, for when I am leaving, inspite I confirmed overnite that, I will checking out by 10.00 am nxt morning.

Nxt day, morning, we shifted to SHREYAS hotel, jst infront of ST DEPOT with petrol pump nxt to it. Got good room, with better space. Was bit costly, but 110% worth the cost, inclusive of food. I had checked with them previous evening for availability and they made all arrangements without any extra cost for CLASSIC AC room. They even gifted us, with one nite stay in decorated EXECUTIVE ROOM AC, without any extra cost. Food was really good and with lots of variety.

Friends, if you ever think of going to Mahabaleshwar for better vacation, opt for SHREYAS, NEETA - SHANTI VILLA or for PANORAMA. This are the best hotels and worth the price you pay.

Please do not thing for PRATAP HERITAGE.

Happy Vacation!!! :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MilanAries
nagpur
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Our experiance in the hotel pratap heritage,was unforgetable.Right from day we entered till the day we left.Staff along with the manager was polite as well as help ful.guidance with sight seeing & vechile arrangement was not an headace for us.as hotel did it looking as per our need.Though the food was vegetarian.....it was excellent....also the .So i would suggest to stay in the same hotel for others.regards sameer

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2010

i visited in the last week of april, i was amazed to see such service, staff and above all The FOOD man.... I am a hard core Non vegeterian but i liked the veg food served their very much, it was all together a wonderfull experience being there

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank megamall
mumbai
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I had been to Pratap Heritage this April with my husband to spend a relaxing long weekend. We paid the hotel charges while booking, and the same included all breakfast, lunch and dinner. On reaching there, we were surpised to see that the hotel was getting renovated and throught the stay we had to bear some hammering and drilling sounds. The hotel staff was courteous and the food served was simply superb. WE had already made up our mind to stay in the same resort, the next time we visit Mahabaleshwar. However, while checking out, we were surprised when the manager asked us to pay additional Rs. 1200 on account of hiked tariffs in the peak season. Thankfully, we had an email confirmation for the paid amount, which said that the amount is full and final and no additonal charges will be levied over and above this. We had a bad experince arguing with the manager and the co-ordinating guy Mr. Rauf. We were cheated by the hotel agents and managers. I suggest all the visitors to please confirm the tariff and also obtain an email or any written confirmation over the same.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple