“Good ambience and excellent services.”

United-21 Resort Mahabaleshwar
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai
“Good ambience and excellent services.”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Just came back from the trip... I like the overall service of hotel.... rooms are good, food is good too (sometimes too oily though).. room service was excellent and staff were cordial and courteous...

Hotel is located 4.5 lm from ST stand, Mahabaleshwar... hence if you want to visit the mahabaleshwar market u got to cough up 400 bucks ( to and fro) which is too much....next will take my car along :)

Overall Good experience.

Room Tip: Space on dance floor is too cramp... Pool- Table cloth need replacement...
2 Thank DharmeshMumbai

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just have been there, reached late there by 1030 pm, but hotel could not arrange for food..
Just milk (Rs 80) and biscuits - parle crackjack worth rs. 10 was served @ Rs 40/-!!!!

Rooms are small, bed can not accommodate 7' high person.
Breakfast is just average...

Location is okay - quiet, away from the town..
Guys at counter are helpful..

Room Tip: Go for suite rooms, atleast they offer better view.
3 Thank bhushankharade
Kalyan, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I went there for honeymoon for 3 nights and 4 days for deluxe room. We went this place through "Hungry Bags travels" and they told us this is 3* hotel. We went there 12th March 2012 to 15th March 2012 which is off season. When we entered in the hotel it was looking good and we agreed what that guy was said. But after getting experienced in the hotel I feel I wasted my money. As per my knowledge for 3* there should be 50 rooms and above in the hotel. But there were only 35 rooms in the hotel.
First day>>
Problem no. 1 after getting room I switched on TV but that TV was not working. Too many mosquitoes roaming in the room. I called in the reception told them about problems. They sent two guys and cleared the issue within 1-2 hours.
Problem no. 2 In Lunch time, we were asking about items from Menu card but for many items we were getting answer from restaurant “No”. There were many items which are present in the Menu card but not in Restaurant.
Problem no.3 Very next hour they came to me and told me that they wanted to do some drainage work therefore they asked me to switch the room and they showed me some Super Deluxe room. But that room was not good, AC was very old- without remote ("baba alam ke jamane ka") and tiles in bathroom were dirty. Phone instrument was not working properly. It was bad room than first room even that was super deluxe room. Again I discussed problem with traveller's guy and I told them what was going here with me. That guy sort my problem about an hour and we settled in 3rd room.
Problem no.4 after facing all above problems we went for dinner. In the dinner also there were many items which were not present the restaurant and they convinced us to ordered Chinese items. In Chinese chataney bowl there was 1 mosquito died and showed that to waiter … he took that without any reply.
Second day>>
Problem no. 1 in breakfast was complementary for us and I asked for “Toasted bread and Jam” and Tea. Restaurant boy sent us “Toasted bread” and Tea. I asked them about Jam but they replied we don’t have jam today. In Mahabaleswar/Panchgani I think there are 100 shops of jam and many famous companies of Jams but in the restaurant jam was not present.
Problem no. 2 for dinner, restaurant boy came with list of 3 main course items. He gave me only 3 options for dinner. After that I told him why you included so many items in menu card then he replied you have to pay for them then only you will get other items.
But before booking for this tour I have discussed with Hungry bags tours travels guy that I am paying you the full money but there should not be problem for dinner that you could not eat this and that…..
Again I discussed problem with traveller's guy and he sorted out the problem.
Problem no. 3 we got dinner after struggle, In Paneer chilli salt was too much and Paneer makhanwala was not good. But this we had not complaint about this because we got this dinner after struggle and it was already closing time for restaurant.
Third and Fourth day >> There was improvement in the service excluding availability of items in restaurant (which were present in the menu card).

Summary:::

Room Tip: If you are going for stay then it’s okay, but don’t go there if you want to enjoy food. Also locati...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sameer28111983

Travelers are raving about these Mahabaleshwar hotels

Pune
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were a group of family and friends. We were pleasantly surprised with the suite room interior design, esp after our earlier 2 days at MTDC at a beach. It had 2 connected bedrooms rooms tastefully decorated. You get parking near your room block which is good too.
Though the rooms were very good we were frustrated with the pace at which our dinner order was served. Both starters and main course took an hour to get served :-(.

Room Tip: Ask for delux or suite rooms. Good ones.
3 Thank sandy_joggy
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Last week of feb I visit Swiss country resort for spent a vacation with my family. I enjoy my vacation with nice food and hospitality service from all the member of resort. Room was well organize and very presentable. Swiss Country provide us all the basic thing which I was looking for. All the staffs are very helpful, they arrange a car for enjoy the all over Mahabaleshwar with in 30mins, which is remarkable experience for me. Thanks to all the staff for make my vacation memorable. Keep it up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alkdubey
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in Mahablaeshwar, but the stay in Swiss Country Resort was really exciting.The rooms were also very good and it was a good place to spend the weekend with family....................... Frequent Traveler

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KISHOR_9600
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We were two couples... who went to Mahabi for a 2 days, one night stay. Unfortunately one of us had already booked Swiss County and swore it was a great place to be.
The bad experiences started right away... with power being off for long periods of time in the night... and the management not having a clue as to what was going on... or how to rectify it.
The geyser didn't work in the bathroom. The sheets were soiled from the previous customers... and though the bed was done neatly on pulling out the blanket, it was sickening to see that the sheet was soiled and not changed... and there was even strands of hair on the bed. The soap, shampoo etc in the bathroom was not changed either.
What was infuriating was that inspite of calling the reception and complaining about all this, the various folks including the manager would make some lame excuse, saying that the sheets in fact had been changed and the hair on the bed was unfortunate.. .but not their fault!!!
The fiasco continued the following day when they made us run from pillar to post for the complimentary breakfast. They initially told us that the breakfast would not be served in the room. We however requested for it since we had a 3 yr old kid with us. They agreed.. .but a little later told us to come to the dining hall. When we did go to the hall.. .they claimed we did not have a complimentary breakfast.. .but had to pay for it!!! It was all so disgusting.
The few hours that we spent at Swiss County were the worst ever. I would not suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple