Hotel Kuber
TripAdvisor
Hotel Azura(Porbandar)
Hotel President(Porbandar)
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom serviceclean roomsdouble bedfamily membersrecommend this hotelbudget hotelthe hotel staffnice hotelreceptionmanagementonwardssheetsdwarkafridgefebruaryluggagelift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Recently i got opportunity to stay at this hotel.It was a really nice one.Cool,calm and peaceful!!All the staffers are very pleasant personalities ever ready to provide any help.Rooms are spacious and are very cheap.Food is delicious !!!! The only shortcoming i felt was local cable connection which was not up to the standard of the other gacilities of the hotel!!!
A must try for staying at Porbandar!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bhaswar
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This Hotel is the Best Place to Stay in Porbandar.Nice Ambience,Good Food,And Exceptionally Friendly,Cooperative and Helpful staff.Nice N Clean Rooms,and all these at very Reasonable Prices.Keep It Up KUBER-

Room Tip: Ask for the Newely Rennovated Rooms with New Interiors and LCDS.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sarjusoni
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I visit the town for work. I stayed in hotel Kuber on 10 April, 11 & found improvement in the hotel. The Hotel is now wi-fi connected. The rooms are very comfortable. Room 108 & 208 are big. Hotel has a nice & helpful reception with newspaper & magzines in the lobby, Hotel has a resturant. Food is vegetarian & good room service. Room has sofa, CTV, hot & cold water, split aircon and my favourite long bath tub to relax in some rooms.
Hotel is centrally located in the town.
I also visited Mahatama Gandhi ji asharam.
Beach, taxi stand, bus stand are all within walking distance.
I booked my room in advance specially during busy NRI season on e-mail or phone to avoid any inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank dranishmadan
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The hotel is located in the heart of the town. Hotel Rooms are big, clean with cable TV. Beds are very big and comfortable. Room service is very professional & prompt. Rooms are also available at Corporates discount. Hotel can provide free pick up & drop from airport. Beach is walkable distance. Veg. food is cooked in the hotel. Tap water is brackish.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Chinar007
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I actually stayed at the hotel in Dec 08.
The service was fantastic, both staff and the manager treated us with lots of respect. There wasn't any WIFI, however the manager was kind enough to allow me to use his office to send some mails and upload pics onto the net, which was really appreciated.
The room was clean and spacious with a good aircon system, TV and usual facilities - my mum and sister had the double bed while I slept on a mattress provided by the hotel with no fuss (we pre-booked this arrangement). The bathroom wasn't huge but it was cleaned every day, and we had hot water at all times which a bath and power shower. Our window overlooked the main street which was always noisy, but I didn't mind that too much as you get the local vibe below, and it has a small balcony too.
The location was great, as a tourist I was pretty much within walking distance of shops and restaurants which have 'siesta' opening times, as well as the 'chawpatti' beach. Anywhere else was a very cheap and short rickshaw ride away, which included the business district and Manek Chowk, the latter locating the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi.
Being on the coast, Porbandar gets a little smelly at night, however this of course is not the hotel's fault! If I didn't feel like going out or staying in the room I lounged in the reception area reading papers and chinwagging with their very friendly staff on the desks, who always smiled :) There is also a restaurant upstairs with a diverse menu to suit all tastes, and the food was fantastic and reasonably priced.
As this was my first trip to India I was prepared for the worst. In fact I was spoiled by the Kuber, which was my first hotel, and I didn't appreciate it until I went to Dwarka four days later and experienced the horror show that is the Hotel Damji! On my return I could have practically kissed the steps of the Kuber! (although not recommended!).
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family