“Service, service, service, and service”

Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Baga
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our flight got delayed and by the time we reached Goa, it was 10.30 pm (after getting delayed almost by 3 hours). The Innova was there waiting for us and we were driven to the hotel. Enroute, got a call from their hotel staff, who informed us that as the buffet was about to close down, they would keep dishes from the buffet for us. It was really thoughtful and I was really surprised at their meticulous planning.

The room size is big, though I would not call it a suite, it does have a separate sitting and sleeping area. It is not a huge property, though it is compact it has lot of open spaces to breath.

When we checked into our rooms at 11.30 hot food was laid down in our rooms. The food here was amazing (especially lunch and dinner buffets). The buffet menu was never repeated during our 5 nights of stay. In fact, me and my family think that we had put on some weight because of their food taste. But, breakfast was just ok, as if their trainee chefs were handing this duty.

The service was forever good. I had only one bad experience during one night with their Restaurant captain. My little one was asleep and hence wifey wanted her dinner in the room. I went down and spoke to one of the waiters, if I could carry food for my wife for which he was OK. when I was about to take my food, their captain came running and the look of his face was like catching a terrorist red-handed. As he said it is not allowed, I was ok for the ala-carte room service and went back to my room not wanting to create a scene.

But, within 5 minutes another waiter came with the food himself for apologizing on his captain's behavior. Even though I stayed for 3 more nights after the incident the captain avoided meeting me rather than having a frank chat with me.

Except this incident, the entire staff was very friendly and their reservations manager Prashant was very helpful in getting the rooms reserved during their peak season.

They even have an in house bakery, from where you can buy freshly baked delicacies.

Please note that it is in Arpora and not in Baga, though it is about 2 minutes bike ride to Baga.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for your brilliant post and excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. It is pleasure to read your wonderful comments and I am very happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and deliver you the true Hospitality touch. We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided at our hotel.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team members.
Thank you once more for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were group of 12 people, booked 6 rooms for 2 nights. Decent stay at Lazy lagoon but we had much better options in this price. Here are the things they missed to deliver -
- Rooms not ready on check in, they offered us triple occupancy room which we refused then they arranged rooms on double occupancy.
- Rooms are smaller than usual size, front side was pool facing but back side faces some old building under construction
- AC was not working in 2 out of 6 rooms and they were not able to fix it during our stay
- Nothing on TV, cable doesn't work
- Bathroom is very very small and stinks because the exhausts were not working in some of the rooms.
- Food is OK, we had breakfast only and service takes time
- Credit card payment machine was not working on check out but staff was able to find way out to settle the bill
- Slightly far off from the Baga and Calangute beach, need to have scooter to travel

The hotel staff is nice and they helped us to get dinner and drinks even at 1 am in the night.

Room Tip: - Get the regular size room, they are probably fine,
3  Thank bediamit
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa. We have shared your feedback about staffs & services given in odd hours.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, have noted your all feedback & taken up with concerned HODs. Would like to make it clear one thing here that room booking was for 5 rooms & 11 pax (4 dbl. & 1 tripl). Total pax arrived 12, so we offered them 4 dbl. & 2 triple, which you people didnot want ask for any way to help with another room, hotel being a sold out on that day, we had one room on R / S, which was offered after briefing all the details & problem in that room & you at reception agreed to take the room in that condition itself & thanked the reception staff for helping with one rooms. Still I apologies for inconvenience caused to you. we assure you the best services in your next visit.
Thank you once again for your review & look forward to welcoming you at our resort soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our office team went to this resort in last week of May 2013 and found the place just about average, with certain areas which need drastic improvement.

1. The rooms have a major ventilation problem with the AC not being effective and no proper air circulation out of the Bathroom. Certain fixtures in the bathroom were loose and came out also.

2. The Hotel's power back up is not great, usually allowing for a 5-7 minute lag between the power failure and the back up to come into play.

3. The swimming pool looked great but the amount of chlorine was so high that all our eyes were red and itchy. In-fact the staff was sprinkling chlorine at night without having any way to check the content of chlorine in the water.

The only good part of the hotel was its staff who were extremely courteous.

Room Tip: Please make sure you check the room being allotted before finalizing once in Goa. It seems some room...
2  Thank Malay_Rai

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa. We have noted your feedback about the staffs & same has been shared with the staffs.
We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services. Have noted your all the concern & taken a serious briefing with all the concerned dept. heads. We assure the best services & facilities in your next visit.
Thank you once again for your review & look forward to welcoming you soon at our resort.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Was there in the second week of this month. Very Courteous Staff backed by a Great G.M And Front office Manager. They Really were Very Helpful and Nice. You are treated very well once You get inside, Well Getting there is A problem :) .

Room Tip: If you are Going in for Location Ambience You can Give this Hotel a Miss. Service is What they excel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank prashanth_alva

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities, staffs and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

We do understand your concern about reaching the hotel, we have signages on important junctions, but certainly for new person it becomes little difficult & Goa has many round & round roads. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you to reach to the hotel.

Thankyou once more for your review & look forward to welcoming you at our resort.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and me stayed in this hotel for a nice relaxing holiday and I must say that it was actually very nice. Clean rooms, good food and taxi stand just outside the hotel. It also has a spa which offers good services to make your holiday even more relaxing. We spent two nights here and had a great time as it is close to Baga beach which adds to all the merriment. The only problem here is that the pool closes at 7pm, so if you wish to enjoy your pool time late evening, you will be dissappointed here. The staff is quite fussy about the check out timings, so do not expect them to give any relaxation in check out time if your return flight is little late. The same problem happened with us and they were not at all cooperative in adjusting the timings with us,that too in off-season. We were also not given any reminders for the check out timings. Over-all a pleasant stay, until all this fuss happened.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa.
Your kind comments regarding our staffs, services, food as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback has been shared with our entire team.
We have extended the pool timing upto 9:00 pm. whenever we have back to back C-IN & hotel is sold out, it becomes very difficult for us to extend the C-OUT time as C-IN guests, they expect the rooms as soon as they arrive in the hotel and they are not at all ready to wait after the given C-IN time. Normally if we have rooms we do extend the time.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hi, I along with my family (wife & daughter) just enjoyed my Goa vacation from 16 till 20 May 2013 at Lazy Lagoon - Goa. Its a fabulous place to stay - logistics (Airport transfers, Site Seeing), Food (all three meals), Stay (comfort & cleanliness), Staff (attention, courtesy), Location (just 3km from Baga beach) and Transport (Rent a Car & Rent a Scooter is just outside the main gate). Further, they have good facilities like Swimming Pool with baby pool, Gym, Spa center, Pub - Dance floor, Live songs in evening etc. to make you feel really good.

We surely recommend this place - Veg food is awesome ..

Bhavesh 9892912282

Room Tip: Opt for Suite room .. they are spacious and also good view with two balconies .. The suite rooms are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhavesh21101974

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our privilege to play host to you during your recent visit at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us to the fullest. The team at the Hotel joins in thanking you for your lovely & gracious feedback on our services, food, room etc. Your compliments will go many a mile in motivating all of us.
We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Goa.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Feb 2012 British Airways lost my luggage on the way out so the start of my holiday was not great. The receiption staff helped with phonecalls and email access. Have just booked a suite for 23rd Feb 2014 can't wait to go again staff really friendly and food is very good.

Room Tip: book a suite worth the money, other rooms are a bit small
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team members.
Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
The Baga Beach Resort
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!