“Little Off The Main Road ..”

Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Baga
Bengaluru, India
“Little Off The Main Road ..”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Was there in the second week of this month. Very Courteous Staff backed by a Great G.M And Front office Manager. They Really were Very Helpful and Nice. You are treated very well once You get inside, Well Getting there is A problem :) .

Room Tip: If you are Going in for Location Ambience You can Give this Hotel a Miss. Service is What they excel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank prashanth_alva
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities, staffs and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

We do understand your concern about reaching the hotel, we have signages on important junctions, but certainly for new person it becomes little difficult & Goa has many round & round roads. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you to reach to the hotel.

Thankyou once more for your review & look forward to welcoming you at our resort.

Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and me stayed in this hotel for a nice relaxing holiday and I must say that it was actually very nice. Clean rooms, good food and taxi stand just outside the hotel. It also has a spa which offers good services to make your holiday even more relaxing. We spent two nights here and had a great time as it is close to Baga beach which adds to all the merriment. The only problem here is that the pool closes at 7pm, so if you wish to enjoy your pool time late evening, you will be dissappointed here. The staff is quite fussy about the check out timings, so do not expect them to give any relaxation in check out time if your return flight is little late. The same problem happened with us and they were not at all cooperative in adjusting the timings with us,that too in off-season. We were also not given any reminders for the check out timings. Over-all a pleasant stay, until all this fuss happened.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa.
Your kind comments regarding our staffs, services, food as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback has been shared with our entire team.
We have extended the pool timing upto 9:00 pm. whenever we have back to back C-IN & hotel is sold out, it becomes very difficult for us to extend the C-OUT time as C-IN guests, they expect the rooms as soon as they arrive in the hotel and they are not at all ready to wait after the given C-IN time. Normally if we have rooms we do extend the time.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hi, I along with my family (wife & daughter) just enjoyed my Goa vacation from 16 till 20 May 2013 at Lazy Lagoon - Goa. Its a fabulous place to stay - logistics (Airport transfers, Site Seeing), Food (all three meals), Stay (comfort & cleanliness), Staff (attention, courtesy), Location (just 3km from Baga beach) and Transport (Rent a Car & Rent a Scooter is just outside the main gate). Further, they have good facilities like Swimming Pool with baby pool, Gym, Spa center, Pub - Dance floor, Live songs in evening etc. to make you feel really good.

We surely recommend this place - Veg food is awesome ..

Bhavesh 9892912282

Room Tip: Opt for Suite room .. they are spacious and also good view with two balconies .. The suite rooms are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhavesh21101974
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our privilege to play host to you during your recent visit at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us to the fullest. The team at the Hotel joins in thanking you for your lovely & gracious feedback on our services, food, room etc. Your compliments will go many a mile in motivating all of us.
We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Goa.

Prestonpans, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Feb 2012 British Airways lost my luggage on the way out so the start of my holiday was not great. The receiption staff helped with phonecalls and email access. Have just booked a suite for 23rd Feb 2014 can't wait to go again staff really friendly and food is very good.

Room Tip: book a suite worth the money, other rooms are a bit small
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for your brilliant post and excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. It is pleasure to read your wonderful comments and I am very happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and deliver you the true Hospitality touch. We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided at our hotel.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team members.
Thank you once more for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed May 5, 2013

a lovely place very close to the baga beach. in fact we walked. big rooms very comfortable with terraces overlooking a waterbody. food was very tasty. my stay seemed short and would be coming back again for a more lengthy lazy time. staff was corteous

Room Tip: suites are beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Goa.

Surat, India
Reviewed May 4, 2013

hi last 22nd april i was in lazy lagoon at goa . hotel is excellent , near by bagha beach. i stayed for 3 night whith my two chield. we enjoyed food and hotel services. great locetation and good proprity.

Room Tip: no lift so bettar stay al ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Herts
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked to stay here 6 months before we arrived, and requested the Honeymoon Suite (as it was only available to us as a request or we would have paid for upgrade). We arrived after 22 hours travelling from the UK, and we were lead to a room that simply was not suitable at all. The cleanliness issues were not good at all and whoever thought to place a Honeymoon couple in that room needs to seriously rethink. We then were moved to a much better room the next day and tried to get on with it. We were told we had been put in this room as it was the last one available that day (We booked 6 months ago!!). The food was very good and there were staff members who helped make our stay good, but I do feel the hotel could have done more to make up for the fact that our first few days were spent trying to move rooms and even hotel! If I ran a hotel, I would do something special for the couple but nothing was offered. We were offered a slightly bigger room but at a cost, but after being unsettled, we decided to stay in our 2nd room.I do feel this could have been offered as a way of making up for our miserable start or even a meal or bottle of wine, like some friends had been left maybe. Little touches make all the difference.If the cancellation fee wasn't so high, we would have moved. Luckily, the staff made up for some of these problems and we enjoyed the rest of our stay, but I do hope our comments were taken on board as we were very unhappy at the start and this is not how it should be on your honeymoon.

Room Tip: If you are on Honeymoon, ensure you have Room 1 which we didn't get to see, but have been told h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Verma_Shiwam, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Ms. Lucy,

Thank you, for your recent stay at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico, Goa and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive comments about food, location and friendly staff is much appreciated. We have noted the concerns about the room for Honeymoon couple. But about the rooms I had replied your mail on 26th March almost 12 days before C-IN, soonafter I got a request from you about #1, as your booking was done by charter agency for base category room & #1 is the executive suite room, highest category of room hotel has. But neither you nor agency was ready to pay the difference for upgradation of this room.
Still I apologies for any inconvenience you had & look forward to welcoming you back at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico, Goa.

Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
The Baga Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
#13 of 64 in Candolim
The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!