“Decent Stay”

Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Baga
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect when we booked this hotel, but it was quite good and exceeded my expectation. I wouldn't say it was extraordinary but it was quite decent.
Nice view from our room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the waters. It has a lovely pool & bar.
The quickest room service i have every seen, the minute you hang up the phone the doorbell rings!!
Convenient location if you want to chill @ baga/ Calungute area!
Though we faced some issues with the washroom, there was water dripping from the water jet which made the bathroom extremely messy and make the room stink! Lazy people that we were, we didn't complain but mentioned to the manager on the last day ! He has promised us a suite during our next visit !

Awaiting the next trip already ! See u soon Goa and Lazy Lagoon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our privilege to play host to you during your recent visit at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us to the fullest. The team at the Hotel joins in thanking you for your lovely & gracious feedback on our services, food, room etc. Your compliments will go many a mile in motivating all of us.

There are newer reviews for Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good ambience, excellent food and cozy suites all at one place. If you land in a new place at 5.30 am in the morning and still find a person waiting for you with a vehicle. You fell special. The trip from Vasco station to Lazy lagoon on toyota qualis was excellent. We had a shocker in store for us when we reached the hotel. Its not the fault of the hotel as check in time [2 pm] was already known to us. But we were slightly sad.
Once we got the room everything was just fantastic. The trips organised by hotel were also very good and almost covered every thing.
Lovely place. will surely come again

Room Tip: Pool side suites are also sun facing. The scenes in the morning are breathtaking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lanisu
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Goa and know the Arpora area quite well but had not stayed at this hotel before. I was flipping a coin between staying here and Marinah dourada and I am glad I chose this hotel. I have not been to Goa for 4 years but this time I was travelling alone with my 2year old boy.
On arrival the reception staff were very kind, they offered us cold drinks which were complimentary and very wrlcome. as I had my baby in the pushchair the first room they suggested was on first floor but they changed it immediately when I expressed concern regarding getting up and down stairs with the pushchair and also I was concerned regarding my little boy climbing on the balcony. The room I was given was number 27 right next to the reception with a ramp/disabled access and very spacious with a large shower room. The view was over the hotel gardens which were immaculately maintained and very lush and green even during high season as they use recycled water to water the gardens which is a fantastic idea especially if you are Eco conscious, just don't let your kids play with hosepipes and it can be a little smelly but they water really early so most people wouldn't even notice this. The room had an enormous comfortable bed with pristine sheets changed every other day although there were a couple of occasions that my little boy got ketchup all over the bed or Pepsi and they were changed in between. Lovely fresh towels every day. The shower room had a large sink, toilet and shower with either hand held hose shower or large overhead shower which you could adjust. Hot water was available 24/7 although occasionally I had to run the water for a few minutes before it came through. Complimentary toiletries are placed in the room every day as was 3litres of bottled water, tea and coffe making facilities. Large flat screen tv in the room and also electronic safe. Lots of wardrobe/drawer space although not many coat hangers. I'm pretty certain if I had asked though I could have had as many coat hangers as I liked. The staff really couldn't do enough for us. Special mention to the receptionists for whom nothing was too much trouble, the hotel manager was very visible and hands on unlike other places I have stayed where you never see them let alone chat to them. My little boy managed to lock us out of the safe but the manager was able to reset it without any fuss. While we were there my little boy was ruined! He had so much attention from the staff, uma who was cleaning in the gardens was so friendly as was mandrem the waiter despite the mess my little one left at the breakfast table! Regular entertainment by way of music which pleased my little boy very much although it usually finished at about 11 so no worries about being kept awake all night. The hotel is about 5minutes from baga beach and the hotel have vehicles to take you there free if you let the receptionist know. Otherwise if you want to venture a bit further there are always taxis outside the gate. Food and drink were outstanding. I wish I had chatted up the chef for some secrets but then I suppose I have another reason to go back.
Only one minor point was the fencing along the restaurant terrace next to baga creek, although very attractive a child could fit through the design quite easily and it would be a long way to fall, this meant that I couldn't really relax in that area and just let him run around but after I chatted to the manager he suggested they may add some netting behind it to act as a screen and make it a bit safer. Hotel seemed to be very popular with Indian couples on honeymoon, it is a nice peaceful location so I can see why but it is close enough to the nightlife if you want it. The other guests also made a big fuss of my baby and included him in games and dancing with their families which was lovely for him. Babysitting is offered but we didn't take advantage of it as I just wanted to spend all of my time with my little one. I had the absolute best time and can't wait to go back, neither can jimmy so thank you to the lazy lagoon for sharing your lovely hotel and country with us.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa.
Your kind comments regarding our staffs, services, food as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback has been shared with our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Lazy Lagoon.. lives upto its image of being a perfect example of everything just right. We stayed there for 2 nights.. reached there 3 hours before the check in time of 2 P.M... staff was courteous enough to let us check in without any hassle. Room location was superb with the pool view. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. The restaurant serves really good food and service is quick. The place gives you a feeling of being treated as important and a really good place to relax. The service staff is well trained and ever smiling.

Regarding accessibility, its just 2-3 Kms from Baga beach, around 5-6 kms from Vagator beach. Calangute and Anjuna are also at similar distances. Famous hangout places like Tito's lane, Club Cubana are very close.

Loved the stay at lazy lagoon.. would like to visit again. :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have better view. Try for rooms 17 or 18.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Him12

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a lovely experience with this hotel. The staff is very hospitable. They complied to each and every request we made (however minor) despite of it being a peak season. The service time per request was very short and we never had to call twice for anything.

About the hotel: The pool is kept quite clean and very close to almost all the rooms (arrangement of rooms is around the pool). We had a room facing the Lagoon and to watch the Sun rise from beyond the hills was "picture perfect".

About the hotel location: Its more or less between Baga and Anjuna. Taxi stand is right outside. Saturday night market is at a walkable distance (300 mtrs away) and Wednesday market (at Anjuna) can be driven to (about 1.5-2 Km). There are a lot of eateries (both upscale and standard) close by (again walkable but not with kids).

Only a minor flip side to my experience was the Non-veg section of Breakfast, it was always the same two dishes. Could have shown some creativity here. Otherwise perfect :) . Will certainly visit again.

1  Thank Vikram R
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hats off to the hotel staff....staff is the main reason behind the sucess of the hotel.check in by satya was really quick.though we reached late they had kept our lunch seperate..really appreciated that. restuarant staff was also very attentive.taheer took good care of our kid food who is too fussy in eating but he made our job easy by going out of the way and arranging food what my son likes.thanks taheer.food i will say is another highlight of this hotel.everything from bf lunch to dinner was like awesome..rooms are very spacious.we had booked a deluxe room which was upgraded to suite room thanks to prashant...who even allowed us to check out late and was too coperative.jagdish was good too.will definately stay here again if visiting goa.
shivam verma(gm) too was reachable and very warm.
you guys rock!!!!!

Room Tip: suite rooms are the best and very spacious.
1  Thank Hemal82

Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent our New Year and had amazing experience . To start with , for us everything went well right from Hotel Booking to Departure . We had a near a package with breakfast and Lunch/ Dinner inculded . The room was excellent and spacious with Flat TV , small and big Balocony . The staff were cordial and warm . The food was excellent . The breakfast is good with mixed varities from continental to Indian . The Lunch / Dinner served had lot of varities more than adequate . The Hotel had Discotheque , small Gym and good swimming pool . The hotel stay we had was value for money and the deal what Sarvour had given was excellent . The Manager and Staff are very warm and welcoming . The room was facing towards pool and lagoon . We had an comfortable stay .

Anil - Navi Mumbai

1  Thank Dendukuri

Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
The Baga Beach Resort
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!