“Best Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Baga
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Best Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Lazy lagoon experience was the best experience I had in any of my hotel stays.The Breakfast, Lunch and dinner was very awesome. The staff was very friendly and always approachable. The only problem is it take a fare of 100rs by taxi to go to baga.
Overall my experience was very nice one and would surely visit again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Mr. Patil,

It was our privilege to play host to you during your recent visit at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us to the fullest. The team at the Hotel joins in thanking you for your lovely & gracious feedback on our services, food, room etc. Your compliments will go many a mile in motivating all of us.

Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

First and foremost I wud like to comment about the good things about this hotel and then later comment about an incident which was a spoiler.
the location is a bit away from the happening place baga beach.it takes half-hour walk to the beach.taxis r easily available right outside the Gate and they charge rs100 to baga and 200 to calangute...the rooms are huge, neat, fully airconditioned with a huge bed...a balcony overlooking the pool.only dim lights in the room..I wud suggest the management to install one tubelight in all the rooms.bathroom was tastefully done with a good size bathtub...The food was very good.breakfast, lunch, dinner was well spread with good variety...worth mentioning is the chicken ginger, fish in goan curry and fish in Thai curry.sweet dish bebinca was very tasty.....there is also a spa called ZURI where I had a very relaxing body massage...the ambience and service in the zuri spa was excellent....the hotel staff were very courteous and gave excellent service.very hardworking staff especially the kitchen staff.
and now for my bad experience...normally I m not a cribbing person but I this incident really hurt me...On the first or second day my 7 yr old daughter opened a small packet of peanuts kept in the bar counter in the room...my wife tasted it and gave me a few to taste.the peanuts were soft.we checked the manufacturing and expiry date on the packet.the man-date was June and expiry was december.I was there November end.we just kept the packet aside and forgot about it.it was my mistake that I did not complain about it to the manager.
Before leaving the hotel, I promptly paid all my bills, gave tips for the staff at the reception, gave good reviews in their feedback form, then staff informs me that I have to pay rs.26 for the peanut pack..I told him the peanuts were inedible and nearing expiry.he went away...we then boarded the car and were all set to leave for the airport.as we were about to leave, the car was stopped and the staff came with the pack of peanuts which we had left.he showed us the pack and rudely said u have to pay 26 rs for this.and he even Had the guts to inform me that expiry date was December...I told him to eat it and see for himself if it was edible.he just wanted me to pay 26 rs....a mere 26 rs. ...a hotel which calls itself a 4 star was crying for rs.26...it was shocking to say the least..my wife gave him 30 rs and we left .i cudnt even contact the manager as we had a flight to catch....after4 daysof good experience, this incident left a bad taste in the Mouth just like the peanuts.I wud like to advice manager prashant check all the snacks in all the rooms and throw away unused food after 2 months and not wait till the expiry date.even packed food like chips and peanuts become soft and inedible after 3 months... ...I was in room no 12 and I wud like the manager to eat the unopened pack of peanuts and let me know if it was edible.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank asa_77
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Amir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa.
Your kind comments regarding our staffs, services, food as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback has been shared with our entire team.
As spoken to you over the phone we have taken a serious note on your feedback on peanuts.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The Reception staff were unwelcoming and unfriendly. Towels for the pool impossible to get hold of. There are no umbrellas by the pool. The bedroom was clean, but the sponge placed between two beds had biro stains all over it, and clearly had not been laundered. Having said that, the food was OK, the restaurant staff were friendly, and the taxi drivers who waited outside the hotel were exceptional. Some serious staff training needs to be undertaken if this hotel is going to appeal to the European/US market.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Vanessabo
Dear Valued Guest,

Your kind comments regarding reception, services, food as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. We have noted your feedback & trust me the same has been discussed with Training Mgrs. & HODs. Will make sure that we donot repeat the same again.
Sorry for any inconvenience you had & We look forward to welcoming you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is my third visit to this resort, two times I had launched my company product & one time came here to conduct the conference. During the launch excellent arrangement was made, many unwanted demand I had asked in the last minute & best part of that staffs made those arrangements on time with a great smile.Food has been a one of best part of this resort, either it is non veg or veg both. service was unparalleled. Room was well maintained, cleaned. property looks as new as it is opened recently. In fact i was worried to organise a conference of Parle agro & invite top bosses here, but everyone was happy with the arrangement & services. Thanks to the management & staffs of this resort. We will sure be back again.

Room Tip: top floor have better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed conferencing with us to the fullest. The team at the Hotel joins in thanking you for your lovely & gracious feedback on our services, food, room etc. Your compliments will go many a mile in motivating all of us.

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Drove down from Mumbai to Goa, have been visiting Goa every year since last 8 years now and always stayed in North Goa.. but my first stay in this hotel. I must say that it was an great experience here.. Though being crowded the service was upto the mark, the rooms were well maintained & really spacious and comfortable.. the pool is excellent - my 3 yrs old son had a great time in the pool.. also the spa is great - got a foot massage done.. Food was really good and a decent spread and mix of diff cuisines.. Overall value for money stay and would love to come back here in my next visit to Goa..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vivek80Mumbai
Lazylagoon, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very Good Hotel...Staff is helpful...Food is Brilliant..Rooms are well Furnished...Cleanliness 200/100....Swimming pool is WOW....Location is not that good ...Overall Fab ... We stayed in the Suite rooms. Very neat & clean !! and lived upto the brand.The resort is very well kept, beautiful landscaping and entertainment area,well maintained pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Your kind comments regarding our staffs, services, food, other activities area as well as constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. It was with equal pleasure that your feedback has been shared with our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
MUMBAI.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We planned our Goa trip almost after a span of 4 years.I had plenty of hotels to decide for,but I must say it was a good decision to decide for Lazy Lagoon at Baga.I found the staff at reception very cordial & they had arranged for early check-in.I stayed at Suite Room which is good for a family of 4 if you have 2 kids travelling.The Room was very clean and the housekeeping was very excellent.I wss celebrating my 12 wedding anniversary & the hotel has arramged for complimentry cake which was very courteus from their end.The room had a good view of both pool side & lagoon.The pool is very well maintained & both my kids had a nice time for all 4 days in the pool.They serve very scumptous & delicious food at their pool side restaurant Balcao.I would strongly recommend families & couples to stay at this hotel which is very ideally located at 1.5 kms from famous baga beach & is also close to all major pubs & discotheques.I also would like to mention about Mr.Prashant(Front Office Manager) & Mr.Shivam Verma(GM) are very friendly & courteus while handling guest.All & all a very nice place to holiday & would definately come back to the same resort whenever I plan my trip to goa.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank ROME2320
Dear Mr. Rohit,

Shiwam Verma I General Manager I gmgpo@sarovarhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
The Park Calangute Goa
The Park Calangute Goa
#11 of 110 in Calangute
The Baga Beach Resort
The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
Hotel ibis Styles Goa Calangute

Been to Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!