“A nice place to stay!”
Review of Aldeia Bello

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baga
Aldeia Bello
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Baga
“A nice place to stay!”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Standart rooms, clean, peacefull, nice food, calm and a marvellous stuff!

Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeonelRP

Solo
Business
Boston, England
Reviewed April 20, 2008

After reading the reviews for this hotel we were concerned enough to see about changing our accomadation, but as it was near to departure date the costs were high.

A lot of what is in other reviews was true, the rooms are very basic, beds are hard & it is next to a local village who have access through the hotel grounds (literally in front of the bar area so no interference to guests at all). Another review complains about flies, presumably posher hotels don't have them?!?

Reaching the hotel is down a small road, but not as far as some people would have you believe, 2 to 3 minutes at the most. There were dogs but they tended to be asleep & never approached us in all the times we were up & down the road. The road is badly lit so would recommend packing a torch for after dark, also handy when the hotel loses its power supply (although they do provide candles in your room).

The rooms, as already mentioned were very basic, but they were cleaned on a daily basis. Hotel staff were all very friendly & the food at the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was eggs, eggs or eggs.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back & although accomadation was basic you felt you really were experiencing local life with the village next door rather than being in some faceless 5 star complex where you could have been anywhere in the world.

• Liked — Friendly staff, central loaction, good food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Linconshire couple
UK
Reviewed March 25, 2008

The reviews of this hotel until late last year were quite good and I booked to go in February - but from November onwards the reviews were terrible. In view of this I was concerned!
All the issues in the reviews were accurate - badly fitting windows, tired furniture, hotel surrounded by people living in shacks with shared access through the grounds etc. etc.
However once over the disappointment we had a brilliant time. The staff cannot do enough to help with any issues, the rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day (and the room boy was a wizard towel artist), the meals were good, and watching life in the surrounding `village` was very interesting. I have been to Goa a number of times and this was not the best hotel I have stayed in but the staff more than made up for the shabbiness. I will stay at the Aldeia Bello again.

7 Thank UkViv
nottingham
Reviewed January 18, 2008

We stayed at this hotel at the same time as some of the other reviewers. We stayed in the room that another couple were moved from after 3 days at the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel I tried to remain optomistic and after breakfast we went for a walk around the local area to see the sights. This and the state of our hotel room meant that on our first night in Goa all I wanted to do was come home again!! The room was dirty, the shower rusty and bare wires were hanging from the air conditioning unit which was so loud I am suprised the windows didn't shake. The room was cleaned daily however, there was never a smell of any detergent and our bathroom was in a worst state than some of the public toilets (I know the brochure said the place was basic but I at least expected it to be clean). The brochure also said the hotel was in a quiet setting next to a local traditional village. Actually it was so noisy that it was impossible to sleep at night. There was a cockerel which crowed throughout the night and the place was surrounded by dogs which barked and faught all night. The "quiet traditional village" was actually huts built near the dining area of the hotel which were the temporary homes of the local builders. Children from the huts hounded guests for sweets and I saw one woman get mobbed by 10 kids for her bag of chocolates. Women washing clothes early in the morning was too noisey to let anyone sleep and the tennents of these huts spat and urinated infront of you.

I can say that the staff at the holtel were excellent and they did everything possible to try and help us. They were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The food was also nice and niether of us were ill. If it weren't for the friendly staff we would have moved to another hotel. The problems with this resort need to be sorted by the hotel owner and it definately needs alot of money spending on it (through no fault of the staff who work there!). PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HOLIDAY COMPANIES AND BROCHURES ARE MISLEADING AS FAR AS THIS HOLTEL IS CONCERNED!

• Liked — Helpful and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Dirt, noise, location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank mikey07Nottingham

Travelers are raving about these Baga hotels

crowthorne
Reviewed January 17, 2008

The photo's you see on holiday companies website's are very cleverly taken,looking at the pool,building on your right they dont tell you there's a shanty town on the left.You know its there as a cockeral who cannot tell the time will crow from 1am-6am.The women doing their laundry & slapping down wet cloths on rocks will wake you at 5am,the bread seller will wake you at 6am by ringing his bell. while your having breakfast the children will stand at the edge saying "sweeties,chocolate" & indicate their hunger by putting their hands to their mouths!

A land owners right of way dispute between the hotel & shanty town means as you have meals/drinks, trucks,vans,tuk tuk's & herds of cows will walk through the hotel!

Again, the photo of a room on the holiday companies website is the only one decorated in this way, you can tell this as its the only room with reasonable condition/colour curtains.You can see from outside as its above the jewerey shop.

Our room when I walked in I cried! As you walked in a window on your left didnt have glass but ornate concret work letting bugs etc crawl straight in, ripped sofa & chairs, rusty fridge,no tv, table covered in fag burns! 2 v.hard single beds with dirty covers on & sweat smelling pillows, also stained. A fan that we thought would fly off the wall & air con that sounded like a cow giving birth! All rooms have another room like a utility room, with 2 poles going from wall to wall, no coat hangers but you could hang your towels over. no wardrobes, Shower room with broken soap dish,cracked mirror. Water spurts from shower head & we had to put a flannel over it so water didnt hit electrical water tank above! room changed after 3 days, only slightly better!

The only positive thing is the staff are nice & food not bad!

• Liked — the day we left! & spent our last 3 nights in Candolin at a nicer hotel at our expense
  • Disliked — It wasnt anything like the brochure suggested & I hadnt heard of trip advisor website.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank gobsmacked08
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 16, 2008

We spent 3 weeks at the Aldeia Bello from 9th December until 30th December 07, . We were unfortunately there for Christmas. We can only agree with the Hampshire posting January, 08.
The hotel was not as it appeared in the brochure, the hotel itself was visibly dirty, the hotel grounds were dirty, the table cloths were dirty, the whole surrounding area was dirty, when eating we spent most of the time chasing flies from the table and food. The hotel is adjacent to a homeless peoples shanty site and the noises from there early morning were most annoying making sleep impossible, all and sundry have a right of way through the hotel grounds at anytime, including meal times, people, waggons, cars, bikes, even a herd of cows one morning whilst having what was known as breakfast. This was our 6th visit to Goa, we usually stay in 2* accomodation in Calangute, Baga or Appora and thought we knew what to expect but this hotel was well below expectation and in our opinion definately not 2*. This was a planned Christmas holiday not a last minute booking, I thought I had researched the hotel, looking at several holiday company web sites, non of which truely discribed the hotel.

Go down south for better Hotels, beaches and surrounding areas. Try Colva beach, or Rahjah beach, anywhere south of the airport is noticably better.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the poor cleanliness of hotel and grounds and noise early morning from from surrounding area
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GaryandAngela
hampshire
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Well where do I begin... after reading all the reviews I decided to book it ... I always use trip advisor prior to booking any holiday and up untill now have been lucky I suppose , I Knew after reading the reviews that it was going to be very basic...but basic isnt a word that comes to mind when you first arrive at the resort... we were dropped off at the top of a long dusty dirt track and told we would have to take our cases down to the hotel as the coach couldnt fit down the road... not a problem we thought even though we were really tired after a 12 Hr flight and fighting our way through the hundreds of people hassling us at the airport to put our cases on the pre booked coach , this they will not do without a good tip..... tipping isnt a problem normally but if you just give them a couple of ruppees they hassle you for more .... the road to the hotel is full of dogs and is like a building site . its about a 8 min walk which dosnt sound bad apart from the fact that when you reach the other end ... you are met with the hotel... this itself does not look like the photos in the brochures so dont be fooled... it has a pool which is situated in the shade all day.. why it was built there I will never know... the outside has not seen a coat of paint since it was built ... and looks like a prisoner of war camp... that you see on the TV .. bars on the windows balconys if your lucky... which you wouldnt go out on .. the rooms themself are large ... however again have not been decorated for many years and are in dire need of a coat of paint.. bare light bulbs hanging , and furniture which should be put in a skip , the bed was a wooden frame with hardboard base and the matress .. if you can call it that was thinner than the cushions I have on my bench in the garden . it is like lying on a board , in there defence I must amit they did get us another 3 matresses which helped us sleep however I was so depressed that I had too spend too weeks in this awfull room that I struggled to do that for the first few days , all I could so was cry as I could think of nothing worse than spending the next few weeks in this depressing place. I do have to say that it was clean however and they changed the towels and cleaned the room daily which after speaking to lots of people in the resort seems to be out of the normal. so I think we were lucky .... !! not that you feel it at all .
I was in the first week bitten on my leg, by one of the many dogs that are outside the hotel , as the road approaching the hotel at night is very dark and it just came from nowhere .. if it hadnt of been for this old man sitting on the edge of the road and shouting at the dog I dread to think how bad it would have been .
After that every night my husband had to pick up a stone from the top of the road just incase !! The beaches in Goa are very dispointing.. as they are very crowded and full of bottles and rubbish we went in total to 7 beaches just to find I decent I to spend a day on. they are brown sand and the beaches in Cornwall are by far better , however if you travel South which we did everyday in the second week you will find nicer beaches ... we went to mandarin beach everyday once we had found it.. this is about I Hr away fron the Hotel in a taxi and cost 800 Ruppees however thats return and the taxi driver will wait all day for this amount. It is cheap in Goa and I do have to say that the food is very Good . the weather was perfect and I didnt see a cloud in the sky for 2 weeks.I would never return to Goa and struggle to understand why so many people go back there year after year, I can only presume its because its so cheap , this for me is still no reason to go back as the resort itself is by far the worse I have ever been too . The poople are OK but expect a tip for everything... and can get abit funny if you dont give them what they expect. I felt I had to write this review as I really didnt want anyone to book this hotel without knowing how bad it really is.... if you do decide to book it I know you will be very dissapointed .. Well I think in future I will only book things that have been recommended as I would never want to waste my money on something so bad . I also heard at the Airport and from people that had been there lots that this seems to be the normal in Gao .. who Knows ..... Its back to Thailand for us in future as the beaches and people are of different quality ...

Stayed December 2007