“wonderful location”

Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Baga
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The CSM as it known locally is located in an ideal setting just a short stroll from Baga Beach, the service in the hotel is also a very good standard, good food good bar service and friendly staff, if you dont count the reception staff who are a bit surly. All in all cant wait to return when in Goa will always stay at the CSM.

Room Tip: Ask for lane facing room, facing csm lane.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CSMGoa, Manager at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

May I thank you for taking your precious time in writing this review. I am sorry that you found our Reveption girls bit surly! We look forward to receiving you soon again and making for any deficiencies .
Assuring of our best services
Sanjay Kalungatker
Genl. manager

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Have been to Goa 10 times, stayed in a lot of hotels but never CSM, in fact the jeweller near by recommended it as my husband and I walked past his shop so we thought we would try it, glad we did, stayed 30/11-8/12 they have the friendliest reception staff out of all the hotels we stayed in, also I would say the cleanest Hotel we have stayed in. Nothing to much trouble, my husband suffered from really bad back ache off the mattresses, within minutes of asking for the possibility of a different mattress a topper arrived which helped a little, beautiful grounds. Booked a superior room, was a little disappointed as it did not really feel this and seemd small seeing as was supposed to sleep up to 4 not sure where, tiny balcony and difficult to watch the world go buy as the top of the balcony spindles was very deep so when seated you could only see the concrete. We had room 85, I would not recommend this room to early or light sleepers, lots of noise as near reception, also opposite staff section so you are awoken around 5.30 with people getting up for work and the lovely sound of hawking ! On Karoke nights we were awoken as visitors who had been allowed to park just under our room felt it necessary to do the customary beeping of horns as they left and the odd cackiling of drunken british women wandering home and resting in the café was a little irritating,but I would think away from reception this place would be heaven, room boy hung around a bit to much for money the day before we were leaving as he was off that day, seemed to have many excuses why he needed to come back, rooms were exceptionally clean so tips well deserved, excellent breakfast selection, we will not be going to Goa again because of the visa but if we did this is the hotel we would choose just a different room, well deserved stars 3 stars in India is a lot different than the uk bare that in mind and you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: double check superior room as pretty convinced we paid £46 but room was not a superior if it was it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CSMGoa, Manager at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all may I thank you for sparing so much of your time and writing this detailed Review about your stay at CSM. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at CSM. I am sorry to note that you were disturbed by the guests walking back late after Karaoke. Regrading smallish balconies, we too at the hotel have often wondered as to why the Portuguese design and build them like that. The hotel as you would have noticed is built on Portuguese village style with eacxh villa having six suites. WE do hope and pray that both of you will come back in the not too distant a future, when we assure you that we will make up for the shortcomings that you have pointed out.
Assuring you of our finest servuices,
General Manager.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in CSM in April 2013 and I must say the hotel property is ideal for stay in Goa. The room was a small cottage which was very comfortable and neat. The hotel food was also good and the complimentary breakfast bufet was also amazing with a good spread. The hotel is on the beach which enabled us to enjoy the beach at any time of the day. I would stay at the hotel next time when i visit goa for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CSMGoa, Manager at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

May I thank you for encouraging me and my team in spending so much of your valuable time in writing a review about your stay at CSM. We are all so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. AT CSM we make continuous efforts to ensure that our guests relax and return home rejuvenated. We all look forward to the pleasure of having you again with us hopefully in the not too distant a future.
Best regards

Sanjay Kalungatker

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have visited GOA from 27 nov 2013 to 2 dec, had stay with CSM goa Baga ,
1) Rooms interiors was not satisfactory, first i got 156 no rooms after shifted to 133
2)Hotel is claiming 3 star Property for advertisement but accreditation committee should need to revise there is nothing like three star.eg poor service, housekeeping staff is not well educated when i asked shampoo, or others regular things they educating me body cleanser is use as shampoo or hair conditioner lol...
3)services is limited, WiFi not available in rooms
4)the hotel is prioritising for-gain delegates ( customers )rather than Indians, cause they are getting more business so there is some type of partiality while allocating rooms etc..
5)food is very good , i will give 5 rating in food and breakfast its really nice..but again time is so much limited..for breakfast
6)housekeeping and room cleaning is only available upto 3 PM its not good for any hotel those who are claiming three stars for themselves, housekeeping and room cleaning should available as per customers need...
7)Beds is not at all good for those who visited for honeymoon purpose, or don't plan even for honeymoon purpose..its so much irritating beds..
room bathroom and all wall also not plain not getting feel of good hotel...

suggesting hotel management to think positively on the things i noted here and think on it..i will suggest to all corporate people not to choose this hotel for stay for company meeting purpose or any official purpose..and corporate peoples will never come again once they will get this type of services..

from
pankaj

Room Tip: please book the room 5 month before if you are planning between Nov to jan, room will already booked...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pankaj ji,

Many thanks for taking your preecious time off and writing a review about your stay. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay overall and liked the food. The breakfast time allows three hours ie from 0700-1000. We then have to clean and set the restaurant for Lunch.

I do wish to assure you that we DO NOT differentiate between our Indian and foreign guests. If you had any issue, I wish you mad made a contact with me. As for Wi Fi we have clearly stated that it is available upto the Reception area. We are hoping to expand it soon once the technical glitches are over.
Assuring you of our best services

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Back from goa last week !! I was with my family at CSM for vacation and let me tell you its an awesome place to stay. I stayed between 26nov-28nov. Check in was smooth and reception staff MS. Maria, Jennifer and other staff were really helpful and cooperative.Rooms and ambience are superb.
On 27th morning i started feelng uneasy, i had major food poisioning and I as i m diabetic my family started worrying about my health. We had called up at reception counter and within 25 min the doctor was at our doorstep. it was a big relief for my family and after that we coould travel comfortably. THANKS TO CSM!! worth visit place.. amazing food and entertainment (thanks to mr . Robert). CSM teaches you what hospitality is all about !!! wonderful experience !! CSM IS THE BEST !!
SHEKHAR MALADKAR
RBI

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CSMGoa, General Manager at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Shejhar Sahib,
Many thanks for sparing your valuable time in writing review on your stay at CSM. I and my team are all encouraged by the fact that you felt relaxed and enjoyed your stay with us. We doi our best to serve out guests and look forward to the pleasuyre of being able to serve you again in the not too distant a future.
Best regards

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Excellent 10 day stay at CSM in November.Rooms are clean and quite spacious with a fridge. Breakfast is okay and the Sunday lunch was good. Check in was swift and reception was helpful. Location is good and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dusty406
CSMGoa, Owner at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

For the team CSM, led by its General Manager Sanjay Kalungatker, it is always a matter of great inspiration to serve still better when they read or hear that the guest who stayed at CSM has been happy. May I therefore thank Dusty for sparing valuable time in writing this review. I assure you that we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again hopefully in the not too distant a future.

Have a great X Mas and the New Year.

Regards
Prem Prakash MBE
Mg. Director

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I must say that CSM is a very nice place for stay while someone is at North Goa. Why??? You need to spend a few days to know. However let me try to give some insight.

I stayed between 23rd-28th Nov with my wife and 2 year old kid.

Reservation : After I narrowed down to CSM for my stay, basis multiple good reviews in Tripadvisor, I called up the reservation and it was Jennifer who became my point of contact. Assurances were well kept and I was very pleased on that point. The reception team was pretty fast during check in and check out.

Location : CSM is bang on Baga beach which is the hub of Goa's well known clubs and restaurants. A walk through the private road inside CSM will lead you to the beach with number of shacks around.

Room : We were given one of the newly renovated rooms as promised during the reservation. It was a very specious and well appointed room with a small balcony. The property has a good housekeeping team. Sleep quality was good.

Restaurant : The restaurant/coffee shop is next to the reception and the pool with very friendly staffs. Decent food and drinks at a very reasonable price. I just felt that the breakfast was monotonous. But the icing on the cake was the friendly staffs, always ready to help.

Pool : Loved the main pool and the most important part was it was clean thru-out our stay. The smaller pool was bank opposite to our room and we took a dip there one day as well, but preferred the big pool because the kids pool is attached to that. My kid loved the pool the most.

Overall maintenance of the property was good and clean. I saw staffs were always in action to keep the property clean. Friendly staffs and the location of the property with a colonial get up of the hotel lived upto my expectations. I will love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms. I stayed at room #119 and I liked the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Supratim77
CSMGoa, Owner at Colonia Santa Maria (CSM), responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear mr. Supratim,

It is so pleasing to know that you enjoyed yourbstay at CSM. It is our effort at Colonia Santa Maria to ensure that ourbguests have an enjoyable stay and return home relaxed and recharged. We look forward to the pleasure of being to serve you again in the not distant a future and assuring you of our best services.
Prem Prakash MBE
Mg. Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
21 mi away
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)? Share your experiences!