Just got back from an amazing holiday in Goa staying at the Ronil Beach Resort. The hotel is on the main Baga road which makes it a great location with easy access to the beach via CSM road or Tito's Lane. The road outside the hotel is really busy (we were there during Easter) but the room we had was well away from the traffic noise. The rooms are perfectly adequate and cleaned immaculately everyday. The gardens are really lovely and colourful. The staff are fantastic - so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. We were on a bed and breakfast basis and didn't receive the usual dinner vouchers due to booking through Cosmos (never again - but that's another story). The breakfasts were lovely with chef on hand to cook whatever kind of eggs you liked - scrambled etc plus there was typical Indian food on offer too which was really tasty. There is entertainment at night, but so many other things to do that we really didn't stay around the hotel that much although the one meal we did have in the evening at the hotel was delicious. I must say that all the restaurants and beach shacks we went to served amazing food.
There are big changes coming as the hotel is being renovated at the end of the season - so it can only get better. Just hope I can afford to go again in the near future.
For anyone reading this there were a few things that worried me before I went on this holiday and I found it hard to get answers anywhere so just incase anyone else is wondering...
1. There is loads of shade on the beach and if you travel in March apparently there is usually a fabulous breeze coming in from the sea - bliss!
2. You can change travellers cheques - at the hotel and also at exchange shops - we used the one at the bottom of CSM lane.
3. There are toilets at the beach shacks and they are not holes in the ground - the ones we used were clean and perfectly useable.
4. You do need to take lots of money as the shopping is just wow.
These restaurants are just amazing...
1. Fire and Ice - CSM road - really reasonable prices and apparently the steak is fabulous (not a steak lover so can't confirm that but the meals we had were lush.)
2. East Meets West - Baga - so pretty with thousands of fairy lights and good food too.
3. O Pescador - Baga - another pretty restaurant with star lanterns and great food too.
4. Sea Shells - Candolim - fabulous
5. Sumi's Kitchen - great food - chef used to be at After 7 (8) - more European choices
6. A Reverie - Calangute - twice as expensive as the others, but wow very special.
I think I've missed some out here, but all the food was just so good everywhere we went and so reasonably priced too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keys Ronil Resort, is a 3 star resort in Goa situated in Baga, a popular tourist beach. The 125 rooms are equipped to meet the requirements of both business and leisure travelers. The scrumptious multi-cuisine experience, picturesque views of the front and rear swimming pools, in-room facilities and conveniences and the 24-hour room service indulgence revitalizes you to experience the beauty and freedom of Goa. Goa has something to offer each and every traveler. Savor the warmth of the sun, sand and sea as well as of the locals. Discover the tangy spirit of traditional Goan cuisine and other free flowing spirits. Immerse yourself in long and reviving walks in its uncharted interiors, or relive the Portuguese era in awe with its regal churches and temples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Keys Ronil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ronil Beach Hotel Baga
- Ronil Beach Resort Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Baga
- Ronil Beach Hotel Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Calangute
- Keys Ronil Resort Goa/Baga