Hotel Bonanza
$96
$66
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstito's lanebudget hotelnice and pleasant staybaga beachhotel ownerfriendly managerrooms are cleanwelcome drinkroom was largeclose proximitythree nightsbooked this hotelmain roadbusy bagadouble bedminute walkdean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2014

For me, reviews are vry imp on deciding Hotels vnever i travel. SO after reading reviews here I choose this Hotel for my Stay from 9th June to 13th June.

Firstly Rooms are superb, no doubt, they are comfortable, Bathrooms n toilets are clean.

You are greeted with Welcome Drink of your choice from the options they have. (Liked it)

I reached there before check in timing, but they vr prompt to provide me room,

Now come the main thing,
First 2 Days were absolutely fine,
But 3rd day i.e 11th Morning, early in morning at 6.00 am, electricity goes off, (its a wel known fact that der r problems of power cuts in this areas)

Knowing this "fact", i asked guy at reception in clear words that I have read about power cuts thing, is there any such problem here?
Reply- "Not at all"

Come on, atlst acknowledge the fact at first place !!!

However despite having Generator, they vr not ready to put it on, the reply that I get is "we wait for 1 hour before putting on generator!!!"
1 hour ???

My next question was what do we do if Light goes off at night?
reply- you have to expect all this thing, this is budget hotel.
When you are paying 1400-1500 Rs for room, do you think it is a budget room? and expecting fan is too much for that amount when you have paid for AC room?

I said i cant keep my doors open and sleep as m wid my wife, they said, you should consider doing that !!!

Would ny1 do that??

I requested to refund my money for pending 2 days and they were happy to do so after initial arguments.

m Happy that they gave me entire amount for remaining 2 days !!!

But i was made to believe that I had made a Big mstk by choosing this hotel.

Seriously this was not acceptable,
You cannot reply to your customer in this way,,

you have very good reviews and even I acknowledge that they are true,
but 1 such small incident can really leave a bad impression.

I would still say, owners are very sweet and good and property too is as per all previous reviews, but please work on such small things,

"They Matter a lot to customers" !!!!

Room Tip: Please clear all your issues before checking in. Rooms facing road are good. Location of Hotel is also good on Baga Road!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rush_gd
Walter W, Manager at Hotel Bonanza, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the power cut for an hour and have the necessary measures in place as back up especially during the monsoon season. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again and having a better experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for a week with my wife and two kids, and must admit the place was amazing! The work that has gone into the design, decor and service levels was very impressive. The food was outstanding at the restaurant downstairs as well as the pizza place, from breakfast to lunch and dinner. The great secret of this place is the wonderful staff who make sure all the details are taking care of – Praveena had everything ready for us when we checked in, and was very helpful with useful tips on sightseeing and simply getting around. There are shops and eating joints within walking distance and the beach is just a few minutes away.We as a family really enjoyed our stay here, left relaxed and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank nicole b
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Excellent location
I seriously didn't expect to get anything better in the month of Jan. But it made me change my mind
Rooms were good
Service was excellent
Worth every penny that you
pay
Famous discs Titos n Mambos were at walking distance which was again a plus point

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank abhishekthegenius
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Will definately come back here again .A family run hotel with a very homely vibe. the rooms were clean and well maintained .The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location awesome..close to all bars ,supermarkets ,clubs .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chlowie3
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Clean and spacious rooms very close to all the night spots ,supermarkets and walking distance to the beach .
very helpful staff who helped to organise and plan holiday.will definately return to experience the hospitality by the owners.

• Stayed: February 2014